ANZ Frequent Flyer - Bonus 25,000 Qantas FF Points - No Annual Fee for 1st Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coops1

OK, I think the original 50k bonus point thread has run its course and this is a new offer just out today with 25,000 bonus QFF points.

"Boost your Qantas Points with this special offer. 25,000 bonus Qantas Points after first eligible purchase and no annual fee for the first year when you apply and are approved before 13 January 2015"

ANZ Frequent Flyer

Various terms and conditions with some of the relevant ones below (see link for full details): Noting there are additional benefits on Black card as well

Terms and ConditionsANZ Frequent FlyerANZ FF PlatANZ FF Black
Spend Cap
(no pts past this
spend per
statement)
$3,000 Visa

$3,000 Amex
$6,000 Visa

$6,000 Amex
Uncapped
Income Minimum$15,000$50,000$75,000
Annual Fees
(No fee for 1st Year)
$95$295$425

ALSO other T&C of relevance: (truncated / abbreviated so see link for full T&C's)
- new and approved applicants only
- not available if you have closed same a/c within the previous six months
- offer applies only once per customer (previous deal was once per credit card account.. tks lovetravellingoz)

Edit: Tidying up and amending T&C of relevance from posts below.

Last edited:
Note that the T&C wording has been tightened from the original 50K offer

Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply and are approved for an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card accounts by 26 August 2014 The bonus Qantas Points and $0 Annual Fee offer is not available in conjunction with any other offers, packages or promotions or when you transfer or close an existing ANZ credit card. The bonus Qantas Points offer applies only once per new ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card account.

to:

Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card account by 13 January 2015. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card within the previous six months. This offer applies only once per customer.

So from per account, to per customer.

Last edited:
So are the T&Cs saying that all those who got the 50k are out of luck with this offer, or are they saying that, for this offer, you may only get one lot of 25k regardless of how many accounts you open?

I would think that this section:
"where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card within the previous six months"

would preclude those who have had any ANZ FF card, regardless of which promotion (if any) it was obtained under.

It doesn't really matter though - the 50k bonus was a better offer, and between the current Citi, NAB and Bankwest offerings (and god knows what else is going to pop up in the next quarter) there are plenty of other bonus points around.

So are the T&Cs saying that all those who got the 50k are out of luck with this offer,

Yes. currently hold would mean not eligibe.. So IF they check you do not get.

or are they saying that, for this offer, you may only get one lot of 25k regardless of how many accounts you open?

And yes they are saying only one lot of 25K (if you do not already have an account).

I believe that they have tightened up on the wording from the 50K offer as they most likely either:

A/ did not really intend for people to be able to get 50K per account
B/ Did not really think it through
or C/ grossly under-estimated the number of people that would think that 50K for $0.00 was an offer worth getting more than once ;)

The change in wording would IMO make it harder for them to not honour the original 50K per account wording, and to argue successfully that it was not their intent. Just the fact that so many applied in this way would be evidence that this was how reasonable people interpreted their offer..

I might actually apply for this promo to see what happens. I currently have the Rewards Black so I'm fairly confident that I'll get the 25k, considering the offer only seem to exclude those on 'Frequent Flyer' sets of cards.

The offer seems slightly easier to activate as well, as you get the 25k after your first spend, rather than after $1500.

Hi Guys,

Do you think I should get the black or plat ? Both will offer same 25000 QFF points. I think the black will give me 2 QP lounge passes? Correct? So is it a no brainer to get the black instead of the plaitinum or is there a con in getting the black?

Hi Guys,

Do you think I should get the black or plat ? Both will offer same 25000 QFF points. I think the black will give me 2 QP lounge passes? Correct? So is it a no brainer to get the black instead of the plaitinum or is there a con in getting the black?

No con with black, just need to earn over 75k PA and min credit limit is 15k, so maybe require a little better credit rating, but if you satify these then should be fine

Thanks. Will they send out the passes fairly quickly? Do we need to request them?

Three months have passed since I made my first purchase and my bonus points haven't been credited.

I wonder anybody here who applied for this card have received your bonus points?

Last edited:
I haven't recieved mine either and it has been three months. Just waiting for the next statement to be issued before I contact them.

Nothing here either after almost 2 months. Will probably wait till May to call if they haven't posted before then.

Got my card in December, no points yet either. I'm sure I read somewhere that we should allow up to 3 months for points to post.

I got my bonus pts about 16 weeks later and I think that was what it said 14-16 weeks. It was automatic

Points posted for both cards about a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back