ANZ - Design your own credit card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal

Enthusiast
Thought I had seen just about every gimmick when it comes to credit cards (eg the mini cards, the magnifying card, the "photo and signature" card, the smart card etc etc), however ANZ has decided to go one better.

With selected credit cards (ANZ First) and some Access accounts, you can choose what image you want on the front of the card - even a photo that you've taken etc.

Costs $15 for the card.

Designmycard.com.au

Hmmm. Interesting.

Although, here is a list of what you are *not* allowed to use:

• trademarks, logos, slogans, company names, get up, copyrighted material or brands of any third party
  • advertising or promotional material, or branded products
  • celebrities, actors, musicians, sportspeople, cartoons or public figures
  • works of art
  • phone numbers, addresses, URL addresses, account or PIN numbers
  • provocative or sexual material
  • violent or other offensive, obscene or indecent material
  • nudity or semi-nudity
  • bigotry, racism, hatred, profanity or obscenities
  • alcohol, tobacco, gambling, firearms or pharmaceutical products
  • images that show illegal or anti-social behaviour
  • culturally or socially insensitive images
  • images that display the opinions or beliefs of political groups, religious groups or socially unacceptable groups (e.g. political images, neo-naz_ images, gangs)
  • libellous or defamatory content, or content which is otherwise in violation of any rules, regulations or laws to which the images are subject
  • content not acceptable for persons under 18 years old.

(a couple of issues I have with the banned list:

"celebrities, actors, musicians, sportspeople, cartoons or public figures"

What happens if I'm a celeb and I want a photo of myself on the card?

"works of art"

Then how was that sample card with grafitti allowed? :)

The sample cards that are of Uluru and the Sydney Harbour Bridge would be a hit over in the United States. Would definately be an interesting conversation point with some people.

Last edited:
Mal said:
Although, here is a list of what you are *not* allowed to use:
  • trademarks, logos, slogans, company names, get up, copyrighted material or brands of any third party
  • advertising or promotional material, or branded products
  • celebrities, actors, musicians, sportspeople, cartoons or public figures
  • works of art
  • phone numbers, addresses, URL addresses, account or PIN numbers
  • provocative or sexual material
  • violent or other offensive, obscene or indecent material
  • nudity or semi-nudity
  • bigotry, racism, hatred, profanity or obscenities
  • alcohol, tobacco, gambling, firearms or pharmaceutical products
  • images that show illegal or anti-social behaviour
  • culturally or socially insensitive images
  • images that display the opinions or beliefs of political groups, religious groups or socially unacceptable groups (e.g. political images, neo-naz_ images, gangs)
  • libellous or defamatory content, or content which is otherwise in violation of any rules, regulations or laws to which the images are subject
  • content not acceptable for persons under 18 years old.

(a couple of issues I have with the banned list:

"celebrities, actors, musicians, sportspeople, cartoons or public figures"

What happens if I'm a celeb and I want a photo of myself on the card?

"works of art"

Then how was that sample card with grafitti allowed? :)

Maybe they will need to define "Works of art". I wonder who is going to get the job on making a call on the edge cases, when a client argues that it is fine.

oz_mark said:
Maybe they will need to define "Works of art". I wonder who is going to get the job on making a call on the edge cases, when a client argues that it is fine.

Yes. I'd like them to define the difference between a photo and a work of art. Many people would say they are the same thing.

The first financial institution to offer this I understand was Heritage Building Society. They have had this product out for well over a month now.

Geez, with that long list of banned items, nothing much is left.

So a guy with his shirt off is classified as semi-nudity? So all beach pics are out?

nagelixin said:
The first financial institution to offer this I understand was Heritage Building Society. They have had this product out for well over a month now.

Even cheaper too at $10 / card :)

They seem to also be a little less stringent on what you can show on your card, but have a similar set of banned items.

Wonder how long till the other banks jump on the bandwagon and start offering the card too.

how long til they allow fully brandable company cards and give a kickback% to the company for pushing it to their employees?

trippin_the_rift said:
how long til they allow fully brandable company cards and give a kickback% to the company for pushing it to their employees?

...or at least putting the company logo on corporate credit cards.

A lot of businesses have that already dont they? My old personal liability diners card at my previous employer was branded.

simongr said:
A lot of businesses have that already dont they? My old personal liability diners card at my previous employer was branded.

Our corporate AMEX's used to be branded. The logo was printed just above (or below) the number, but other than that it was a standard corporate AMEX.

The newer cards don't have the logo though.

Cheers,
- Febs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back