Status
Not open for further replies.

knagelli

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
I had the ANZ Black QFF card and cancelled the card around Nov 2017.

How do I stand in getting approved for a new ANZ Black rewards card. Also is there any other variant of ANZ card that is best for rewards and lounge access.

You can hold both at the same time and still get the bonus points so you should be fine, usual bank criteria notwithstanding.

As for others, it really depends how much you spend and how happy you are to churn. If you don't spend a lot, There's also the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures which is great when they have a 40k or 80k Velocity Bonus offer as it offers a free coast to coast domestic flight per year, no international transaction fees and 2x Virgin lounge passes, but there's no offer I'm aware of at the moment.

Generally the ANZ cards are poor for lounge access.

Saw this offer today on the website for the ANZ rewards travel card.

68092A60-5D8A-4783-8ED9-BC0AF0F72C1B.png

Just been approved for the ANZ Platinum Rewards, also only got the Amex Explorer 3 weeks ago so it’s good that they were both approved within the tight timeframe however only minimum limits.

Wanted to diversify away from QF points so plan is to transfer the bonus points to 33,000 KrisFlyer miles, great redemptions to SE Asia.

I called ANZ to request a partial fee waiver of the $425 annual fee on the Black card. I was asked the reason and said the key benefits of the card are derived from travel, which hasn't been possible. Sixty seconds later I was told a 50% refund of the fee would be in my account tomorrow.

How long is it currently taking to receive the sign up bonus points on the qff black card after spend has been met ?

Updated Insurance Cover for ANZ FF Plat & Black:
We are making changes to the complimentary insurance policy due to shifts in the insurance market in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and in response to a general review of insurance policies. We have also made some changes to reflect changing customer preferences. The main changes are as follows:
1. Launching Domestic Travel Insurance
2. Removing Transit Accident Insurance, Guaranteed Pricing Scheme and Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance.
3. The excess for Rental Vehicle Excess in Australia Insurance will reduce from $350 to $100.
4. For International Travel Insurance, we are implementing the following changes:
a. The addition of a pandemic/epidemic exclusion unless you or your travel companion are positively diagnosed with an epidemic/pandemic sickness such as COVID-19 and cover is expressly included under certain sections of the of the ANZ Platinum and Black Personal Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy booklet.
b. The excess will increase from $250 to $350
c. The limit on cancellation benefits will change from ‘Unlimited’ to $20,000 AUD

Can a black rewards card hold pay for car hire for family member and they covered by rental car insurance?

Edit:
RENTAL VEHICLE EXCESS IN AUSTRALIA
INSURANCE
Who is eligible?
Only cardholders are eligible for Rental Vehicle Excess in
Australia Insurance if the entire payment for the vehicle rental
was charged to the accountholder’s card account.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back