ANZ Black Lounge Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilkoJunior

Okay, want to know if anyone with the Black cards have utilised them for lounge access via Veloce internationally? I'm waiting for my Qantas Black to arrive by post, and will be off OS for a quick trip via either Singapore of KL, so just want to know, as have heard of it being denied in a lounge listed.

I used the lounge at the new denpasar airport last week. It is only a temporary lounge until the new one is complete. I showed them my black anz card and they confirmed ok to use in that lounge. However, when I said I'll be taking a guest in, they said no quests allowed on that card and showed me that on their list of entry conditions of their computer. Turns out my husband had his own black card.
The lounge was very basic. Food (spring rolls, meatballs, soup) was cold, and the beers in the small drink fridge were warm.
However when I went outside the lounge to use the toilets I noticed 50m away was the same lounge with no one in it. With the same food (hot) and same drinks (cold).
You can use either. But obviously most people stop at the first one they come across.

Did they scan the card in DPS at all? I'm wondering if an additional card holder could just flash their card and be granted access as well

Used mine in the past couple of weeks in:

Gatwick North Terminal - very basic, food not worth bothering with. It took them a while to confirm the card but they found it in the end. None of the London airports are pleasant places so any ability to get out of the general areas to sit down, relax and have a drink is worth taking.

Singapore Terminal 1 - it's the CX lounge. Walked in, walked around and walked out again. Not a bad lounge, but nothing special, and Changi airport is very well laid out and pleasant that I didn't feel the need to wait in a lounge.

Can't remember if they scanned card but they definitely took details of boarding passes, so I suspect at the very least they would check your name on the boarding pass against the card. But yes, if they don't scan or look at the card too closely, you might get away with using the card after it has expired or been cancelled!

Used the card at Plaza Premium Lounge in KLIA on the week and will do so again this weekend for my flight back to Adelaide ex Yangon. Lounge isn't overly big and was quite busy last Friday, wasn't too hungry so didn't bother with the food really, but looked basic. There is one beer on tap that is no cost, all other alcohol you pay for. As I have only a 2hr30min lay over, I will probably grab a quick bite and shower on way back.

Entry was easy enough, they looked card up, scanned it to see if its valid and said the visit is for 3 hours access which i think is generally fine for my purposes.

My first post.

I used the ANZ black card to gain access on my recent trip in both Singapore (there are 2 lounges, one in T1 and another in T3) as well as Istanbul. No issues in either one. It was handy to grab a quick drink / feed and refill my water bottle for the flight.

For some reason the Prague lounge was not open when I was there, but it is listed on the ANZ PDF.

Can someone please tell me where I can find the list of lounges which the black card gives you access to ?

Used the dnata lounge at SIN T3 last week with the ANZ black. Located just down from the KF gold lounge. Lounge has toilets which is better than the KF gold lounge. Food was not as good however (breakfast).

Better than sitting out with the masses.... There has been some whining about this lounge around here but for a pay for use lounge it is not that bad.

I was hoping for something in LAX but it seems no lounges at all in North/South America

has anyone used them in bangkok yet? i don't carry the black visa as the points are low.
does it matter if you show the black amex or do you need to present the black visa to be granted entry. ?

has anyone used them in bangkok yet? i don't carry the black visa as the points are low.
does it matter if you show the black amex or do you need to present the black visa to be granted entry. ?

I haven't used it at BKK but I used the Amex to gain entry at KUL.

Just returned from HKG and tried the China airlines dynasty lounge, nothing special with basic food (dim sum, cup noodles)and drinks(non alcoholic with 2-3 choice of liqueurs).

I used mine 3 weeks ago in JNB, Shongololo Lounge, quite nice. Basic food and drinks, only a small lounge but it was completely empty and partner and I had it pretty much to ourselves. No issues entering, just showed the card and was let in, no questions asked

Planning on using both our cards for access to Gatwick South Terminal on Thursday. Will update results when I can.

In here now (Gatwick South Terminal).

Arroved at 9.12am, with a message saying there was a private bookong till 11am.

Came back just after 10.30am and was admitted for 2 card holders. I only gave the lady my card (both amex and visa).

It was the 1st she knew of it (at 9am entry), in which I had a copy of the locations where entry is allowed.

She then made a copy of it.

Warm ham sarny, biscuits with cheese, cookies... 1 beer for me.

Spirits, soups.....

All fine for us :)

Attachments

• 1415271731365.jpg
    1415271731365.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,192
As from today 1 Dec 2014 no Lounge access at Denpasar Airport. Was advised by person at DPS who refused me access this morning that this is due to ANZ/ Veloce not yet agreeing to renegotiated access contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back