ANZ 50,000 Amex Rewards points - no annual fee first year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Member

Established Member
ANZ Rewards, Platinum and Black all offering 50K Amex points each, fee free first year.

ANZ Rewards

Might have to apply for all three like the last ANZ QFF promo.

Ah, misread the offer. Might give these a miss then... Thanks.

Maybe you should be looking at the ANZ Frequent Flyer cards - regular, platinum and black? These give 50,000 Qantas bonus points.
ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Credit Cards | ANZ
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum - Platinum Credit Cards | ANZ
ANZ Frequent Flyer Black | ANZ

I was approved for the basic one on the Friday night and had the two cards on Tuesday four days later.

The really big advantage for me - now that I have the ANZ Amex card and the Amex Platinum Edge card, is that I can get a $5 cashback from McDonald's with $15 spent, not once but twice!:D

Though it is also handy having the Visa card which accumulates half a point a dollar for all those places or sites that don't take Amex. Half a point is better than no point.

Cheers,
Renato

Yeah the conversion rate from ANZ rewards is 3:1 when transferring to Krisflyer or Asia Miles. So, 50,000 ANZ points will turn into about 16,650.

Maybe you should be looking at the ANZ Frequent Flyer cards - regular, platinum and black? These give 50,000 Qantas bonus points.
ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Credit Cards | ANZ
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum - Platinum Credit Cards | ANZ
ANZ Frequent Flyer Black | ANZ

I was approved for the basic one on the Friday night and had the two cards on Tuesday four days later.

The really big advantage for me - now that I have the ANZ Amex card and the Amex Platinum Edge card, is that I can get a $5 cashback from McDonald's with $15 spent, not once but twice!:D

Though it is also handy having the Visa card which accumulates half a point a dollar for all those places or sites that don't take Amex. Half a point is better than no point.

Cheers,
Renato

Just remember:

"Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card within the previous twelve months. "

Just remember: "Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card within the previous twelve months. "
Luckily it didn't say anything about having another Amex card. Cheers, Renato

In theory I'm eligible for the ANZ Rewards offer. As Telstra staff (at the time), I was one of the first to sign up for what was originally a Telstra Visa Card. (According to my old statements, it became the ANZ Rewards Visa on 28/11/2004. It's probably time I did another old statement cull. :D) I cancelled it in May last year, so that would satisfy the "closed ..... within the previous twelve months" criteria.....

1. Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Rewards, ANZ Rewards Platinum or ANZ Rewards Black credit card account by 30 June 2015. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Rewards, ANZ Rewards Platinum or ANZ Rewards Black credit card within the previous twelve months. This offer applies only once per customer. Your application must be approved and you must activate the card and make $3,000 worth of eligible purchases (excluding fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, balance transfers and premiums for ANZ credit card insurance) within three months of approval to receive the bonus Reward Points.......

But at the moment I'm concentrating my efforts on clearing the decks a little, with a view to applying for the CommBank 40,000 points offer in a couple of weeks.

As for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa offer, I've already availed myself of that one. :)

or have closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card within the previous twelve months. "

Interesting, the restriction used to only be for six months.

I have a "frequent flyer black" (qantas) and looking at now also getting the "anz rewards black".

The t&cs on ANZ Rewards state:
1. Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Rewards, ANZ Rewards Platinum or ANZ Rewards Black credit card account by 30 June 2015. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Rewards, ANZ Rewards Platinum or ANZ Rewards Black credit card within the previous twelve months.

So wondering, would i be eligible for the 50k points and fee free for first year as the t&cs only state "ANZ Rewards, ANZ Rewards Platinum or ANZ Rewards Black credit card within the previous twelve months" and nothing about holding the frequent flyer cards.

I have a "frequent flyer black" (qantas) and looking at now also getting the "anz rewards black".

1. Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Rewards, ANZ Rewards Platinum or ANZ Rewards Black credit card account by 30 June 2015. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Rewards, ANZ Rewards Platinum or ANZ Rewards Black credit card within the previous twelve months.

So wondering, would i be eligible for the 50k points and fee free for first year as the t&cs only state "ANZ Rewards, ANZ Rewards Platinum or ANZ Rewards Black credit card within the previous twelve months" and nothing about holding the frequent flyer cards.

I would've thought so, but perhaps this will trip you up....

Existing customers may be subject to different fees and should call 13 22 73 for information regarding the fees that apply to their account.

I would've thought so, but perhaps this will trip you up....

Existing customers may be subject to different fees and should call 13 22 73 for information regarding the fees that apply to their account.

Nastly little line there!

Especially, given that it potentially contradicts the main offer in the advertisement of 'fee free' if they try and levy a fee on existing customers that haven't held this card previously.

It looks like you'll be fine from these terms and conditions. Additionally, and anecdotally, denizens at OzBargain have had success signing up for both cards -- both as new customers as well as a few customers in your situation where they currently hold the ANZ Frequent Flyer card and successfully apply for an ANZ Rewards card.

Has anyone tried, or heard of, switching from the ANZ rewards black (or similar) to the ANZ FF card of the same level? To make the most of the no annual fee for the first year deal.. the 50k ANZ rewards points also isn't so bad.

I'm thinking of ATO payments - ANZ FF Black is still 1.5 QFF points per dollar on the Amex with no cap. Compared to 3 ANZ rewards points per dollar.
Better than the Westpac Altitude Black which I have at 0.75 QFF points per dollar on the Amex.
I have the ANZ FF Platinum which has a 6k monthly cap but I am about to cancel - and hence be ineligible for the ANZ FF Black 50k due to the 12 month rule.

Thoughts?

Just wondering if there are any restrictions on the ANZ Black Qantas Lounge complimentary invitations. I have Qantas Club access already but will be traveling with some family members later in the year, and whilst I can bring in my wife as my guest for the QC I was thinking, if these are just general invitations, then the two other family members can also come in with those invitations.

Am I missing something here?

Has anyone tried, or heard of, switching from the ANZ rewards black (or similar) to the ANZ FF card of the same level? To make the most of the no annual fee for the first year deal.. the 50k ANZ rewards points also isn't so bad.

I'm thinking of ATO payments - ANZ FF Black is still 1.5 QFF points per dollar on the Amex with no cap. Compared to 3 ANZ rewards points per dollar.
Better than the Westpac Altitude Black which I have at 0.75 QFF points per dollar on the Amex.
I have the ANZ FF Platinum which has a 6k monthly cap but I am about to cancel - and hence be ineligible for the ANZ FF Black 50k due to the 12 month rule.

Thoughts?

I think if you want the bonus points and no annual fee it would have to be a new application, not a transfer.

I think if you want the bonus points and no annual fee it would have to be a new application, not a transfer.

According to ANZ that is correct. I f'ed up and accidentally applied for the Rewards, not Frequent Flyer card, and was told that I had to apply for the other card and get it activated THEN cancel the first (incorrect) card, in order to qualify for the 50k points.

Has anyone received the bonus 50k points? I applied for all three, approved and hit the min spend for 2 of the 3. ANZ rewards is only showing my points earned from spending and no bonuses as yet (and the cards have had their first statements already).

Hi All,

I have a question. I currently have an ANZ FF Black card which gets 1.5 QFF points for $1 of spend in Amex card. Does anyone know if there are any bonus/additional points for the Overseas spend on the same Amex card?

Thanks
Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back