Anyone used extended warranty on purchases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOPOOR

Established Member
I have an air con that's 3.5 yrs old. And purchased on either diamond or platinum visa. I can't remeber when my Plat changed over to diamond
Warranty on the air con is 3 yrs.

Anyone claimed using extended warranty before?

The only problem is I have emailed the air con company and yet to receive a response and I feel they may have gone out of business

I have an air con that's 3.5 yrs old. And purchased on either diamond or platinum visa. I can't remeber when my Plat changed over to diamond
Warranty on the air con is 3 yrs.

Anyone claimed using extended warranty before?

The only problem is I have emailed the air con company and yet to receive a response and I feel they may have gone out of business

Do you mean the company you purchased the ac from, or the manufacturer?

Either way the ACCC website has definitive impartial responses about warranty types and consumer guarantees.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees

I recently had an MacBook repaired under the consumer guarantee. Well under the 8 years my MacBook Pro lasted.

Do you mean the company you purchased the ac from, or the manufacturer?

Either way the ACCC website has definitive impartial responses about warranty types and consumer guarantees.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees

I recently had an MacBook repaired under the consumer guarantee. Well under the 8 years my MacBook Pro lasted.

I purhcased hte AC directly off the manufactureer and had it installed by them , the manufacturer went under or so it looks like,

was curious whether this has any effect on coverage, its hard to know whether the banks simply ask for a quote, since its out of warranty and just pay for it, or do they liase with the original company first, I think the former sounds more likely

you had a macbook that was almost 8yrs old repaird under consumer guaranatee?!?!?!

I purhcased hte AC directly off the manufactureer and had it installed by them , the manufacturer went under or so it looks like,

was curious whether this has any effect on coverage, its hard to know whether the banks simply ask for a quote, since its out of warranty and just pay for it, or do they liase with the original company first, I think the former sounds more likely

you had a macbook that was almost 8yrs old repaird under consumer guaranatee?!?!?!

That's a tough one. You'll probably need to consult the extended warranty pds. Most of them are very flakey and simply reiterate the consumer law, but with a smaller scope to limit liability. Wowsers.

My MacBook Pro was repaired at the ?3-4 year mark, possibly with an extended warranty purchased on salary sacrifice. It chugged along till 8 years old. The repair agency didn't listen to me and only replaced the screen. The Nvidya board was the known issue as per instructions from apple. The DVD player was fantastic. Those were the days, 2007-2014.

That's a tough one. You'll probably need to consult the extended warranty pds. Most of them are very flakey and simply reiterate the consumer law, but with a smaller scope to limit liability. Wowsers.

My MacBook Pro was repaired at the ?3-4 year mark, possibly with an extended warranty purchased on salary sacrifice. It chugged along till 8 years old. The repair agency didn't listen to me and only replaced the screen. The Nvidya board was the known issue as per instructions from apple. The DVD player was fantastic. Those were the days, 2007-2014.

if I recall, one of my family members had one done a few years ago, essentailly the extended warranty is 1 year on top of the manufacturers, so if it breaks at the 2.5yr mark for apple (assuming apple is 2 years), then they should fix everything, and the bill sent to the insurance company which is allianz if I recall.

they had a laptop which the gfx card died, obviously being 1 or 2 years old the system was expensive to fix, I blieve it was $700 odd, we got a quote from a computer shop , and the insruance company simply paid for it, obviously we didnt repair as we went and bought a new cheaper machine.

I think if you managed to get the extended warranty repairer to fix and consumer affairs you did very very well,

I knew someone who purchased a $5k laptop, and it died 1 month outside warranty , and this was not repairded, however this was before the consumer guarantee thing came in. Felt terrible for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back