Anyone still waiting for Points Refund? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Anyone still waiting for Points Refund?

wendlle

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
When I called to cancel an International Flight just over a month ago I was told that it would be up to 21 days and the points and cash portion would be refunded.
I sent a Tweet yesterday to Virgin and asked why I haven't got my refund yet, they said they are doing the refunds in order of flights. And I should wait until Mid September before contacting them again (My original flights were in November)

Just a heads up for anyone waiting on a refund, it may and probably will take much longer than the 21 days they tell you.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

wind_

We were refunded on 28th July our entire 600k points and cash for our 1st August Sydney to London.

Probably took twice as long as what they promised to get the refund when they made the announcement.

RB

Established Member
Our international points redemption flight was to be 23rd June. The money was received on 31st July. Points came back on 28th July

I cancelled on 18/06 for a flight in the first week of September. I had called after 21 days because I’m looking to cancel my credit card so was waiting for that money to come back. I was told that there are delays and they weren’t able to provide any time frame.

Money and points came back this morning.

PPOW

VA cancelled my reward flights to LA on 18/06 (August booking). Points received back yesterday, just waiting on the cash for fees/taxes now

wendlle

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
My points were back today I haven’t checked my CC yet

MH_fan

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I cancelled a redemption flight just under 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for the points and taxes to be refunded back into their respective accounts.

MH_fan

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Over 2 weeks later (so we're now 4 weeks post cancellation) and still no points refund or refund of taxes...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
affz