Any recommendations for a good light-weight travel jacket? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Any recommendations for a good light-weight travel jacket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

opusman

Unfortunately my favourite ice breaker zip-up has given up the ghost so I'm looking for a replacement for something to wear while travelling (i.e. at the airport and to have on the flight in case it gets chilly).

Can anyone recommend a good light-weight travel jacket/zip-up/cardigan type thing? It needs to be able to squash down into a back-pack without wrinkling too much. I particularly liked the ice-breaker because it was light and warm, and had inside pockets which is great for carrying passport/boarding pass around the airport terminal.

puppysparkes

Established Member
Take a look at the advance range Clothing: Advance.ch They are primarily designed for paragliding so they are designed for all flight conditions but need to be light weight too. Definitely served me well thermalling, cycling and travelling in planes.

Cynicor

Established Member
Arcteryx LT series or clothing, or just get a new icebreaker. If you know your size, decent discounts can be had on Sierra trading post. Wait for the daily coupon to go to at least 25/30% off on top.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

NFF

Gore-Tex hardshell jackets are light weight and very packable. Go for softshells if you require something warmer but they are thicker. The high-end jackets for extreme sports such as mountaineering are more durable. If you like The North Face, go for the Summit Series because they have better quality and avoid brand such as Columbia. Arcteryx is expensive but they have very nice jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fakewinelover