Any news on if/when ANZ will reinstate Velocity transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thizho

I know Velocity points aren't the flavour of the month at the moment, but I'd like to top up my balance via ANZ Rewards.

When I called ANZ Rewards I was told they have no information on when they will be reinstated. Does anybody else have any info?

ANZ Reward to Velocity transfer bonuses used to be the most generous out of all the banks... I'm hoping the relationship hasn't soured and this is no longer be the case!

I have asked several times but always got the same answer - we don't know yet.
Have some points that I wish to transfer prior to the annual fee due date mid-February. I also want to cancel the card but still waiting.

I asked ANZ about this recently. They said they're currently negotiating with Velocity to bring this back, and "hope to reach a successful outcome in the not-too-distant future".

Gosh, they've been kicking the can down the road on this one... I complained about this back in November, and part of the response then was that "ANZ is in conversations with Velocity around switching back on points transfers to Velocity Frequent Flyer. We hope to bring these options back as soon possible. We will update our customers as soon as there are any changes."

So it seems those 'conversations' have now moved towards 'negotiations', which is something, but I'll believe it when I can transfer my points once again.

By the way, the article isn't completely correct: ANZ isn't the only bank with transfers still paused. HSBC has also been dragging its heels on resuming Velocity transfers and has kept these paused also (you used to be able to transfer if you had a Platinum or Premier card). The Velocity option remains noticeably absent from the HSBC Rewards site, and the Velocity site also shows that these remain paused.

By the way, the article isn't completely correct: ANZ isn't the only bank with transfers still paused. HSBC has also been dragging its heels on resuming Velocity transfers and has kept these paused also (you used to be able to transfer if you had a Platinum or Premier card). The Velocity option remains noticeably absent from the HSBC Rewards site, and the Velocity site also shows that these remain paused.

Thanks for the correction, Chris. This is something I had overlooked and I have now updated the article.

Thanks for the correction, Chris. This is something I had overlooked and I have now updated the article.
Here's hoping they both come back sooner rather than later... really removes the advantage of using ANZ's bonus points mall in the meantime, given the uncertainty.

really removes the advantage of using ANZ's bonus points mall in the meantime, given the uncertainty.
I agree. I loved using the ANZ Bonus Mall, but haven't been using it as I'm not sure what the new transfer rates will be from ANZ to Velocity.

This is very annoying! Have ANZ points sitting there and reward seats on Virgin waiting to be booked!

How hard can it be to sort out? Flybuys managed.

Friend works in ANZ loyalty and apparently they are basically screwing Bain/VA2 down on cost big time.

Also they have barely had any complaints about not having Velocity signed up, which means they aren’t exactly in a massive rush either. So if you really want Velocity back for whatever reason make your voice heard because not many people seem to care.

They are also pushing their QF cards hard.

Just thought I’d share :)

....Also they have barely had any complaints about not having Velocity signed up, which means they aren’t exactly in a massive rush either. So if you really want Velocity back for whatever reason make your voice heard because not many people seem to care.....

I lodged a formal complaint with ANZ over this, however I didn’t get the feeling it would do much. I made it clear that other programs like flybuys had come to an agreement with velocity.

I lodged a formal complaint with ANZ over this, however I didn’t get the feeling it would do much. I made it clear that other programs like flybuys had come to an agreement with velocity.
Flybuys never stopped offering transfers to Velocity, either - when banks were removing the option, Flybuys just noted the pause on redemptions back when that happened, but still let people convert (not that you would at that time, but still).

Flybuys never stopped offering transfers to Velocity, either - when banks were removing the option, Flybuys just noted the pause on redemptions back when that happened, but still let people convert (not that you would at that time, but still).
Looks like it’s reinstated. Velocity have released their 15% CC promotion and ANZ is included.

Looks like it’s reinstated. Velocity have released their 15% CC promotion and ANZ is included.
Must be as of today?
I had to use my points last week to avoid losing them.
Had to redeem them on an EFTPOS gift card.
Would have preferred VA points ahah. Oh well, that's life.

Damn 30%... to sign up for the ANZ rewards black 180k offer or not... might be a bit too late.

Damn 30%... to sign up for the ANZ rewards black 180k offer or not... might be a bit too late.
Before COVID, 30% was common from ANZ in May and November, with 50% also not unheard of. There's a decent chance they'll offer another decent transfer deal in November! :)

Has anyone actually transferred successful from ANZ to Velocity since the 1st May? I initiated one on the Monday 3rd May.. still awaiting to see them in my velocity account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back