Another happy Apple experience | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Another happy Apple experience

Quickstatus

Another happy Apple experience.

MissQS in all sorts last night. Her large assignment (due on Tuesday0 was nearly completed and saved within the SSD in the Macbook. Unfortunately the MacBook would not boot past the Apple logo. Tried for hours with NVRAM reset, recovery disk, safe mode.
Thought she had lost the entire assignment as all indications were a SSD failure.

The SSD was a 1 TB (from OWC.com) which replaced the OEM 128GB SSD. At the time Apple did not have a 1Tb SSD which was cost effective.

Anyway did a walkup Genius bar without an appointment. She was the first customer waiting at the door when it opened. They tested it and immediately said the non Apple SSD was the problem. After more testing they managed to retrieve the assignment and resurrected the SSD. All working now.

Total time spent at Apple 2.5 hours.
And the price $0.00.

Lesson1: Regularly save to dropbox
Lesson2: Apple Genius bar rocks!

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Lesson1: Regularly save to dropbox
While I'm sure it's much the same, I have iCloud drive turned on (with a family plan for extra storage) that automatically keeps my desktop and documents folders in sync between all devices and the cloud. I've always found it very useful, though not in a drive failure scenario yet thankfully.

Added bonus is that it keeps my music and photos saved and in sync between devices as well.

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
While I'm sure it's much the same, I have iCloud drive turned on (with a family plan for extra storage) that automatically keeps my desktop and documents folders in sync between all devices and the cloud. I've always found it very useful, though not in a drive failure scenario yet thankfully.
Yep, on my sordid PC/ windows devices, I use iCloud to synch calendar and contacts and OneDrive to synch all my data ( abt 250GB) across 2 main devices ( one largish laptop and a Surface Pro tablet) / the cloud and also a third older one. I can pick any of them up at any time and work away. Works brilliantly!

pjm99au

Flights
My Map
If there is one thing I will say about Apple they stand behind their products fixing free of charge known issues on products out of warranty unlike some industries and yes the automobile industry I am well and truely looking at you

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve.bakker

Currently Active Users