Amex Travelkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlagalle

Qantas
Platinum
Has anyone used the Amex Travel service?

I've noticed they have totally upgraded it and you can book online and pay with points/point & card.

I did some searching and found some good options doing MEL-SYD, MEL-ADL and MEL-BNE that ended up only costing a couple of hundred points more than using QF. 24,000 on QF and 24,740 on AMEX

The fares were showing N, so you'd earn 2000 FF points and 20sc. So in effect it would be cheaper and you'd get SC's on top of it!

So if you look when the sales are on there can be some good bargains. However I've yet to see anything of value on long haul, but you never know what can pop up.

Just thought I'd share my findings!

Nick

Seems to charge at a rate of 1¢ per MR point.

Yes, they have had that for a while now, 10,000 for $100 (also as a harvey world travel voucher too)

Most of the economy fares are close to the Qantas "Classic" awards, and when you factor in the taxes it is pretty damm close. J and F are totally off the ball though.... but they do look better than some of the any seat rewards (and you'd get J or F SC and points)

Yes it makes QFF look very unattractive, except for classic awards in J & F. 1c per point is much better than most of what is offered through anyseat and you get to earn FF poiints & SC's something that doesn't get offered with anyseat. With things like travelkey around it bewilders me why anyone earning points through credit cards would bother spending them on anyseat.

A classic illustration, in the current sale (on same flight)
MEL-ADL 1 way
1) Using travelkey - 7,250 pts. No taxes + you earn 1,000 QF pts/10 SCs.
2) Classic award - 8,000 pts + taxes (~$30)
3) Anyseat award, 13,100 pts. No taxes. No pts No SCs.

No brainer really.

on internat. I always found QFF better than 1c/pt
travelkey is quite exp

on internat. I always found QFF better than 1c/pt
travelkey is quite exp

This is true for classic awards using QFF. If one was to transfer pts to use for anyseat awards, travelkey - I think in just about all instances provides better value, especially given that travelkey fares earn points as well.

This is true for classic awards using QFF. If one was to transfer pts to use for anyseat awards, travelkey - I think in just about all instances provides better value, especially given that travelkey fares earn points as well.

It also depends on the flight and sales etc as i have seen deals (and pointed out here) that booking on Travelkey is better than even a classic seat, when taking into account taxes, SC earns and FF points gained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back