AMEX Travel - not all QF flight options available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mslondongirl

We’re looking to book MEL-LHR flights on QF via AMEX Travel to use the $450 travel credit. Our dates haven’t been released yet (late Nov-end Dec), but we plan to book within the next month, as soon as a sale comes up.

We have young kids and need a 5-6hr layover in SIN each way and want QF35/QF1 going, and QF2/QF38 returning. We also have QC access to use.

The thing is, I’ve been playing around with the AMEX Travel site in the meantime (with dummy dates in Sep, for example) and it doesn’t give the same flight options as the same dates at Qantas.com. Also, all options from LHR are on EK (codeshare) but I’d need additional lounge passes for the kids that way, whereas QC don’t require passes for kids.

Does that sound right? Does the AMEX travel site not give you ALL flight options? I rang AMEX yesterday and the guy there had no idea about it. Or is there a trick I’m missing....?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Try using multi city and use the flight time search option. That's often forced the engine in to giving me what I want in the past .

When I have encountered similar I have called up to get them to book the flights for me. IIRC they said I could do this for myself in the future despite the fact I obviously couldn’t, but did help me out regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back