AMEX, QFF card and points ... very confused

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by little_moody_angel, Sep 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. little_moody_angel

little_moody_angel Junior Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Sydney
    Hey guys... I'm a newby to the forum but know about cards and I've been a Qantas Frequent Flyer member for 4 yrs (and still at bronze level). I don't fly much... maybe around once or twice a year with my family.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

I have a rewards max AMEX card (1.5 points per dollar)... I know I get my reward points everytime I use my amex card but is it true that if I present my QFF card I can get more points??? eg: book a flight to LA (USA) worth $2000... I'll get 3000 points through amex but will get more if I also use QFF card????

Hope you can help me

:D

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    By paying for anything (including your flight) with your Amex Rewards Maximiser card, you earn 1.5 Amex Membership Rewards points per A$ hat you spend. At this point, it has nothing to do with Qantas FF points. At a later time you can choose to transfer these Amex Membership Rewards points to your Qantas FF account at a rate of 1 Amex point = 1 QF point.

So the Amex points earning has nothing to do with you earning of QF FF points for each mile you fly on eligible Qantas flights. The Amex points are a bonus to you for using your Amex card for the payment.

3. little_moody_angel

Sep 27, 2005
    Sydney
    thank u... one more qn

So how do I get QF FF points for each mile I fly on eligible Qantas flights??... present QFF card everytime I book a flight???... cos I've never done that!! and I've already gone overseas twice this year :(

Anyways.. thanx a lot for ur help NM

Moody angel

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    When you make the flight reservation, ask the agent to include your Qantas FF membership number in the booking. Or if booking on-line, enter it yourself in the appropriate field.

5. little_moody_angel

Sep 27, 2005
    Sydney
    thank u!!

Thanks a lot... will do so ... can I still claim those points even though the flight was like 3 months ago???

thanks

6. Damien

Damien Member

Aug 29, 2005
    BNE
    Re: thank u!!

You can certainly try!

Login to the QFF website, select Your Points, then select Claim Missing Points and complete the form.