AMEX, QFF card and points ... very confused

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by little_moody_angel, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. little_moody_angel

little_moody_angel Junior Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Sydney
    Hey guys... I'm a newby to the forum but know about cards and I've been a Qantas Frequent Flyer member for 4 yrs (and still at bronze level). I don't fly much... maybe around once or twice a year with my family.

I have a rewards max AMEX card (1.5 points per dollar)... I know I get my reward points everytime I use my amex card but is it true that if I present my QFF card I can get more points??? eg: book a flight to LA (USA) worth $2000... I'll get 3000 points through amex but will get more if I also use QFF card????

Hope you can help me
    Advertisement

:D

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    By paying for anything (including your flight) with your Amex Rewards Maximiser card, you earn 1.5 Amex Membership Rewards points per A$ hat you spend. At this point, it has nothing to do with Qantas FF points. At a later time you can choose to transfer these Amex Membership Rewards points to your Qantas FF account at a rate of 1 Amex point = 1 QF point.

So the Amex points earning has nothing to do with you earning of QF FF points for each mile you fly on eligible Qantas flights. The Amex points are a bonus to you for using your Amex card for the payment.

3. little_moody_angel

Sep 27, 2005
    Sydney
    thank u... one more qn

So how do I get QF FF points for each mile I fly on eligible Qantas flights??... present QFF card everytime I book a flight???... cos I've never done that!! and I've already gone overseas twice this year :(

Anyways.. thanx a lot for ur help NM

Moody angel

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    When you make the flight reservation, ask the agent to include your Qantas FF membership number in the booking. Or if booking on-line, enter it yourself in the appropriate field.

5. little_moody_angel

Sep 27, 2005
    Sydney
    thank u!!

Thanks a lot... will do so ... can I still claim those points even though the flight was like 3 months ago???

thanks

6. Damien

Damien Member

Aug 29, 2005
    BNE
    Re: thank u!!

You can certainly try!

Login to the QFF website, select Your Points, then select Claim Missing Points and complete the form.