Card Promotions AMEX Qantas Ultimate Q's

Cbl25

Hi All,
I did a search but apologies if these questions have been answered.

1) Can I use the free Qantas Club Lounge invitations as part of my card for the Lounges in Dubai or if this just domestic?

2) Interested to hear people's thoughts on the AMEX insurance and if people have had any dramas using it or if most people opt for additional 3rd party insurance. Obviously everyone's situation is different but just keen to see if people have had issues in the past.

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,
I did a search but apologies if these questions have been answered.

1) Can I use the free Qantas Club Lounge invitations as part of my card for the Lounges in Dubai or if this just domestic?

2) Interested to hear people's thoughts on the AMEX insurance and if people have had any dramas using it or if most people opt for additional 3rd party insurance. Obviously everyone's situation is different but just keen to see if people have had issues in the past.

Thanks in advance!
1. Qantas does not have a lounge in DXB, so no.

2. Have not need to use it so can’t assist with this one.

Thanks for the response.

Sorry to clarify I'm planning to fly emirates, Qantas codeshare. I believe Emirates have business and first class lounges in Dubai but not sure if I need to be a specific Qantas flyer member or fly business class
(https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas...ounge-access-eligibility.html#partner-lounges).
Qantas doesn’t operate a lounge in DXB and the link you’ve posted makes clear the answer to your original question:

“Partner lounges are operated by, or on behalf of, other airlines at selected ports to which Qantas operates. Associated lounges may only be open to Qantas members two hours before Qantas departures. The use of complimentary invitations is not permitted in Associated lounges.”

A J ticket, or QP membership would get you in, but a Qantas lounge pass from your credit card will not.

2) Interested to hear people's thoughts on the AMEx insurance and if people have had any dramas using it or if most people opt for additional 3rd party insurance. Obviously everyone's situation is different but just keen to see if people have had issues in the past.

Thanks in advance!
I haven't had to claim on amex (via chubb last time I held the card?) But it has been a part of a repertoire of cc insurances I've had in my back pocket in the past.

On reviewing it's t&c's against other credit card programs I have held, there have been notable eligibility nuances and inclusion differences eg. Some you have to book the entire return flight to be eligible, some only the outbound. Some included cover for additional expenses for domestic travel, others didn't.

The PDS should be publicly available so I encourage you to download it to read about what's included and not to see if it has the cover you need for the trip.

Have a search of the forums here. There's been threads sharing experiences with credit card-issued travel insurance before, especially in the COVID era.

Does anyone know if purchasing a Qantas flight directly from qantas.com.au with a supplementary card, "activate" the 2x complimentary lounge passes or if the purchase must be made with the primary cardholder?

Hi all - I couldn't find the thread related to what I am asking so figured a questions thread was the appropriate spot to post.

I signed up for a Qantas Ultimate Amex in March last year, at the time the sign on bonus was 100k points, split as 75k points in the first year once the spending criteria was met, and 25k in the second year once the annual fee was paid.

The 75k in the first year was added without issue. I have just hit my second year and paid my fee and will use the $450 travel credit at some point, but I am still waiting for the 25k second year amount to land in my account. I had to get my card reissued as some fraudulent transactions turned up on it last September.

I am wondering if the card re-issue in September may have messed with my account and meant the 25k won't automatically go in. I'm also wondering if I'm just being impatient because the additional 25k of points will push me over the threshold to retain Points Club.

If the 25k does not go in by the end of April would the best thing be to chase up with Amex?

The chat person I spoke to said that the bonus points would turn up 8-10 weeks after the annual fee was charged, so perhaps another 6-8 weeks.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back