Amex Qantas Ultimate- eligible purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly2Spain

Are gift cards counted as eligible purchases for the $3k/3months minimum spend to get the Qantas bonus points?

I'd like to buy some Cashrewards Woolworths eGiftcards, and potentially some other gift cards from other shops (e.g. David Jones cards to keep ready for a sale).

Also, if I am buying items from any Australian online store, is it required that I am told before I check out if/how much of a surcharge will be charged to use Amex?

White courtesy phone ringing. I buy plastic cards instead of e gift cards because they work at Woolies Caltex. E gift cards don’t as Woolies Caltex need a computer upgrade.
Amex Ultimate and Amex Platinum Edge seem to pay on these purchases that I do thru RACWA. The mail takes a few days.
I think the Entertainment Book may still do discounted David Jones gift cards.

It is many years since I took up the Amex Ultimate so you should read the latest enrollment conditions.

Probably WA is a forgotten outpost but I can go plastic gift card to pay for 5% off Caltex Star card when the offer is running. Getting 10% off plus 4 cents plus a Myer One kicker keeps me smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back