AMEX Qantas Ultimate Card - 100,00 QFF points - $3,000 min spend - Expires April 22, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Another generous AMEX card offer is upon us.

This time around it's the Qantas Ultimate Card. Spend $3000 within the first 3 months to trigger the 100,000 QFF points.

This is a popular card because:

• You get a $450 Qantas travel credit each year (for eligible international or domestic Qantas flights). This offsets the $450 annual fee.
  • You earn 1.25 Qantas points per $1 (except at Australian government bodies which earn 0.5 points per $1).
  • You get 4 lounge passes each year (2 AMEX and 2 Qantas).
  • No cap on earning.
  • You can select a low credit limit (helps to churn other cards simultaneously)
  • Insurance included.
  • 0% p.a. on balance transfers offer for the first 12 months.

Be aware that the usual 18 month exclusion period applies if you've held a directly issued AMEX card - but does not apply if you've only held a David Jones or Westpac Co-branded AMEX card.

A referral thread has been set up for your consideration and it starts here:

Last edited:
I loved this card when I had it a couple of years ago so would definitely recommend it to people. Hanging out for a decent sign up offer on the Explorer though.

I loved this card when I had it a couple of years ago so would definitely recommend it to people. Hanging out for a decent sign up offer on the Explorer though.
Has been at least 6 months since a decent Explorer offer. Why wait? Earning points now seems like a better prospect.

Has been at least 6 months since a decent Explorer offer. Why wait? Earning points now seems like a better prospect.

Agree, but I currently need Marriott points for a specific redemption so looking for AMEX MR to earn these. Otherwise I would 100% jump on this one.
Have also applied for the ANZ QF Black card to massage the QFF balance.

Will this work if I currently have the American Express Westpac Altitude Black? Even if the exclusion period doesn’t apply do I need to cancel it first?

Will this work if I currently have the American Express Westpac Altitude Black? Even if the exclusion period doesn’t apply do I need to cancel it first?
You can have more than one Amex - don’t need to cancel . May. Not get the sign up bonus though

I would always say that things do change, but as I understand it you should get the bonus.

AMEX issued cards have been treated differently to those issued by Wespac and David Jones.

I can say that in the last 6 months I have applied for an AMEX issued card and a Westpac issued AMEX card and received the bonus for both. I currently hold both of these now, so there is no need to cancel one before you apply for the other, except perhaps if your combined credit limit could be a factor in influencing the decision for AMEX in approving your new AMEX issued card.

Another generous AMEX card offer is upon us.

This time around it's the Qantas Ultimate Card. Spend $3000 within the first 3 months to trigger the 100,000 QFF points.

This is a popular card because:

• You get a $450 Qantas travel credit each year (for eligible international or domestic Qantas flights). This offsets the $450 annual fee.
  • You earn 1.25 Qantas points per $1 (except at Australian government bodies which earn 0.5 points per $1).
  • You get 4 lounge passes each year (2 AMEX and 2 Qantas).
  • No cap on earning.
  • You can select a low credit limit (helps to churn other cards simultaneously)
  • Insurance included.
  • 0% p.a. on balance transfers offer for the first 12 months.

Be aware that the usual 18 month exclusion period applies if you've held a directly issued AMEX card - but does not apply if you've only held a David Jones or Westpac Co-branded AMEX card.

A referral thread has been set up for your consideration and it starts here:

I got the the signup bonus offer for same card at 120,000 QFF points in Nov 2019 but at $4,500 minimum spend. It is a lovely card. I wish there wasn't an 18 month waiting period, I would have signed up for this too.

I got the the signup bonus offer for same card at 120,000 QFF points in Nov 2019 but at $4,500 minimum spend. It is a lovely card. I wish there wasn't an 18 month waiting period, I would have signed up for this too.
Amex is surely shooting itself in the foot with this 18-months' business.
What makes them think that is a good idea?
I have just cancelled my Amex card, and won't be back for 18 months, if then.

Amex is surely shooting itself in the foot with this 18-months' business.
What makes them think that is a good idea?
I have just cancelled my Amex card, and won't be back for 18 months, if then.
They made the 18 month rule quite some time ago. They obviously believe it works for them. Others also have an 18 month exclusion. Be thankful it's not more common.

Last edited:
Waiting out my exclusion too :( Hoping for the extension of the offer :)
They definitely seem to vary forwards and back, playing with different amounts for referrers, referees and minimum spend requirements. There'll likely be something when your time comes up!

Has anyone had to cancel their flights booked using their $450 amex qantas flight for covid 19 reasons and ask for a qantas flight credit. If so, who is giving the credit, Qantas or amex ?

Qantas announced tonight any flights booked before july 31st can get a qantas flight credit valid for travel till dec 2021.
Post automatically merged:

I mean anyone booked on a flight before July 31st 2020

Has anyone had to cancel their flights booked using their $450 amex qantas flight for covid 19 reasons and ask for a qantas flight credit. If so, who is giving the credit, Qantas or amex ?

Qantas announced tonight any flights booked before july 31st can get a qantas flight credit valid for travel till dec 2021.
Post automatically merged:

I mean anyone booked on a flight before July 31st 2020
We've just had to do that a couple of weeks ago. You have to ring Amex and get them to put the flight into a Qantas flight credit, as they are effect the Travel Agent

Similar offer by direct email yesterday - but includes 100 bonus SCs and 130 000 points following
-registration
- application by 10/4/20 and
- approval and $4500 eligible spend in first 3 months.
Usual $450 fee and $450 flight credit.
Subject line of email suggests will be targeting all QF WP.
Exclusion- any qantas points earning card or ANY (my emphasis) Amex card in previous 18 months. *Sigh- it really must be working for them to continue with this exclusion 😕

Exclusion- any qantas points earning card or ANY (my emphasis) Amex card in previous 18 months. *Sigh- it really must be working for them to continue with this exclusion 😕
Can you please provide the direct wording used as this would be a significant change. David Jones and Westpac have traditionally not been included in the list.

I would reemphasise for people reading this thread that the offer does not exclude you if you have held/currently hold a David Jones or Westpac AMEX card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back