Amex pts transfer now or after Ap 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the “evaluation” of Amex platinum points coming on April 1, and them offering make up bonus points due to this reduction, is it better to transfer to, say Singapore Airlines, now, or wait for the bonus points? We have about 200K Amex points

I'm not sure what to do myself, however im leaning toward doing it sooner rather than later.
i just don't trust anyone enough to chance it after 01/04

Don’t see any reason why not keep accumulating points and transfer all last minute. It’s a fairly easy process and even if something goes wrong, as long there is evidence (screenshots etc) AMEX will surely fix it.

With the “evaluation” of Amex platinum points coming on April 1, and them offering make up bonus points due to this reduction, is it better to transfer to, say Singapore Airlines, now, or wait for the bonus points? We have about 200K Amex points

I assume you mean the offer that ONLY some card members have to double the points on devaluation day. This effectively means you have the same points as before. You would leave the points at Amex as why transfer and start the 3 year expiry.

If you do not have the guaranteed offer to you personally, then it would mainly be best to move as it a 50% loss.

Having burnt nearly all my points recently I am happy to leave my 16,000 remaining points to be doubled up.

Remember that the double points won't hit your account until a couple of months after the devaluation.

The double points - and this offer appears to be limited to Platinum/Centurion Card holders - are really only worth it if you want to redeem the already-devalued Marriott at somewhere close to their previous redemption rates. With airlines you're not gaining anything other than eg potentially slightly circumventing KF's 3 year expiry date. There's also the 15-25% Amex>Velocity bonus kicking around at the moment, which is worth considering.

I would be waiting for another month and transfer out a few days before.
Hopefully we get some better bonus offers before then.

With just the Explorer card and only had it for 1 year, I doubt I will get the offer. I am paying ahead every thing I could and then wait until closer to the date and move everything to Krisflyer.

I am a bit disappointed that ATO so far have not reduced the Amex fee.

Other payment details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back