AMEX Platinum US gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect this is due to competition there with the Chase Sapphire card. Given nothing really competes with the Platinum Charge card here, I don't think we'll get getting any gifts.

Suspect this is due to competition there with the Chase Sapphire card. Given nothing really competes with the Platinum Charge card here, I don't think we'll get getting any gifts.

I recently posted on Amex's Facebook page around my 15 year anniversary with them. It seems they now censor what gets posts as Citibank sent me a lovely gift for my birthday. It took me 3 weeks of chasing them to get a social media reply. Apparently we are now being looked after by the Philippines as well. Apparently brand loyalty means nothing anymore.

I am getting disappointed with the service that platinum gets. It's sad that you are brand loyal and get nothing in return. Even the latest hcf offer by platinum was terrible. It was better to go direct than via Amex platinum. Lazy marketing...

Again, I think this simply comes down to lack of competition in Australia. There really isn't any card that competes with the platinum charge card here, is there? Why would they throw money at customers when you can't exactly just move to the competitors product.

As I understand it, in the US they have lost a lot of customers to the Chase Sapphire card.

Again, I think this simply comes down to lack of competition in Australia. There really isn't any card that competes with the platinum charge card here, is there? Why would they throw money at customers when you can't exactly just move to the competitors product.

As I understand it, in the US they have lost a lot of customers to the Chase Sapphire card.

I assume that you are referring specifically to the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, since there is more than one card under the Sapphire name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back