Amex platinum service levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcooper

Intern
Hi All,

Has anyone noticed the drop in service levels for platinum? I’m now bounced to the overseas call centre all the time and they refuse to send you to the Aust call centre? You call platinum travel and the phone rings out and says the building is being evacuated? You email platinum travel and it’s a turn around of 2 days? They also don’t let people post on their Facebook wall anymore. The service reallyhas gone downhill since last year. I’m not a happy customer anymore after being a member since 01. Are other people experiencing the same issues?

I emailed platinum travel last week and got a response in 4 hours. Email them a fair bit and rarely wait more then 12 hours for a reply, 24 hours at most.

I don't call travel often but never had a issue when I do. Find there can be long waits between around 5pm to 6pm on a working day to get through to travel but other times wait is commonly less then 5 minutes.

As for card services, can't comment as would be years since I've spoken to them.

It has been a very long time since I have spoken to anyone at an Australian call centre when calling with respect to my Platinum Charge (the three hour time difference to AEDT may have had some effect).

They used to put you through to the US call centre out of hours and their service was pretty good. Now it would appear that it is all done out of Manilla and they can be very 'casual' sometimes.

Years ago, I think I recall one of their selling points for the Platinum Charge was the Australian call centre...

I just spoke to the travel team and omg the service has gone down hill.

1. The quote I was provided didn’t have the right dates in it it was months different
2 you want to talk around an existing booking you go to voicemail and when I finally got through the person I spoke to didn’t seem to interested
3 I asked for the list of hotels to be emailed to me and the comment was can’t you write them down.. honestly what the....

What happened to the platinum service? I used to love platinum travel but now I can’t be stuffed after these experiences ... even Citibank black concierge is better than this.

Obviously platinum isn’t important anymore. And being a member since 01 doesn’t really count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back