AmEx Platinum Global Dining Collection Benefit on Pause | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

AmEx Platinum Global Dining Collection Benefit on Pause

Harryf

Saw more restaurants are opening up so called Amex to make a dinner reservation and was told they no longer have access to the reserved tables until further notice…… a bit disappointed cos it's one of the advertised beneifts for the platinum card
Just want to post it here to let others know

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I don't understand why that means that they can't book you a table. All they need to do is call up and make a reservation on your behalf. No excuse for them not doing this.

Quattro

Well that's very disappointing. I do agree they could've still called on your behalf. Bit slack being they wouldn't exactly be inundated with these types of requests, surely.

motlking

Interesting, I remember you could book a table online from places like Quay where they have reserve a table for platinum card holders everyday. Was a decent benefit since you could skip the 6 month wait at the time.

Matt_01

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Happy to have stumbled across this thread, I did not know this was a card benefit.

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Happy to have stumbled across this thread, I did not know this was a card benefit.
Oh yeah. Centurion (and probably Platinum too) used to have a table guaranteed at Tetsuya's. And that's going back years.
Post automatically merged:

I don't understand why that means that they can't book you a table. All they need to do is call up and make a reservation on your behalf. No excuse for them not doing this.
Well that's very disappointing. I do agree they could've still called on your behalf. Bit slack being they wouldn't exactly be inundated with these types of requests, surely.
Sounds like not uncommon Amex customer service TBH

Jousams

Virgin
Gold
maybe its just me but ive always been underwhelmed by the benefit. I remember my receipt at Sake in the rocks had VIP on it? Certainly didn't feel like a VIP.

Come to think of it, thats the most recognition ive got as an amex plat cardholder ever.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picturerestoration