AMEX Platinum Charge Hotels Booking via AMEX Travel

wsthong

As a Hilton Honor Gold, do I still enjoy the perks if the bookings for their Australia's properties are made via AMEX Travel?
Any one booked Shangri-La hotels and enjoy the perks with their valid Shangri-La Jade via AMEX Travel?

andye

Virgin
Platinum
As a Hilton Honor Gold, do I still enjoy the perks if the bookings for their Australia's properties are made via AMEX Travel?
Any one booked Shangri-La hotels and enjoy the perks with their valid Shangri-La Jade via AMEX Travel?
Amex Travel is usually viewed as a third party travel agent so no hotel programme points or nights and almost always no status benefits

The exception is Fine Hotels & Resorts bookings via Amex which do allow full hotel programme benefits. Not 100% sure if Hotel Collection is similar

I did stay in the Shard a few years back on an Amex booking with Jade status. No points, nights or breakfast. Wouldn't really know if I'd had a minor upgrade

sudoer

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
found the same room pricing a lot cheaper booking direct than using FHR

I've noticed recently that most properties are tacking on roughly US$100 to their public rate to cover the property credit, so if you have status benefits (breakfast, extended check-in/check-out, space available upgrades) there's not much point booking FHR for shorter stays. For longer stays the complimentary 3rd/4th night promos can bring the price down below the public rate.

http_x92

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
I found some FHR deals which involve a complimentary night such as the Conrad Tokyo or the Crockfords LXR in Las Vegas for example if you stay more than 3-4 nights, that is where it would become useful. High end hotels for sure, but sometimes there are offers such as 25% off or free night.

http_x92

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Hilton Melbourne Queen Street added to The Hotel Collection if you guys plan to stay there and get an extra $100 credit. YMMV.

With the US Amex Travel site you can enter your HH number directly, but I think you can email them to add the HH number to the booking later on if you are using the Australian Amex Travel site.

Last edited: