AMEX Platinum - Additional Cardholder lounge access?

Collosseum67

Anyone know whether "additional cardholders" on AMEX Platinum Charge Card can bring in guests to the Centurion lounges?

I understand the primary cardholder can bring in 2 guests?

I gave a mate a supp Plat on my account (with a locked down $100 monthly spend limit lol) and in the last few weeks he's accessed SYD and HKG Centurion lounges as well as some Plaza Premium lounges. He was able to guest his wife into all of them.
Post automatically merged:

My experience is that the lounges are unable to differentiate between a primary and a supp (or they behave as if they cant)

Even if they could differentiate, the T&C state that supp cardholders get access to Amex and Plaza Premium anyway. It's the VA lounge where it can be an issue I believe.

I gave a mate a supp Plat on my account (with a locked down $100 monthly spend limit lol) and in the last few weeks he's accessed SYD and HKG Centurion lounges as well as some Plaza Premium lounges. He was able to guest his wife into all of them.
Post automatically merged:

Even if they could differentiate, the T&C state that supp cardholders get access to Amex and Plaza Premium anyway. It's the VA lounge where it can be an issue I believe.
How do you put a limit on the card? I have a supplementary card for one of my sons but wasn’t aware you could out a limit on it.

It's the VA lounge where it can be an issue I believe.
Every member of my immediate family (spouse, adult children, parent) have supp cards and they've each used their cards to enter the Virgin lounges on several occasions -- often with guests. They, and their guests, have never been denied access.

Every member of my immediate family (spouse, adult children, parent) have supp cards and they've each used their cards to enter the Virgin lounges on several occasions -- often with guests. They, and their guests, have never been denied access.

Yes, access for supp holders is nearly always granted, but that isn't consistent with the T&C, and I have read reports on this forum and other social media of denials happening occasionally.

Travel with Virgin Australia domestically within Australia, and present your physical Personal or Business Platinum Card with same-day boarding pass to gain access to Virgin Australia Lounges. Access is complimentary for the Personal and Business Primary Platinum Card Member and a guest.

The above is very clear, and notably different language compared to the access rules for Centurion and Plaza Premium lounges.

Note that (although it wasn't something the OP specifically asked) Priority Pass is only for the primary plus one specific nominated supplementary. And it needs to be separately enrolled, unlike Centurion/Plaza Premium/Virgin (and likely Delta/Lufthansa in various locales) for which the Amex Plat card itself is sufficient.

Back