AMEX platinum 80000 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanad

I found this offer for AMEX platinum card with 80000 points directly tranferable to Qantas FF points.
American Express®

The annual fee is $900 but also includes a complimentary platinum reserve credit card that provides for a free return domestic or NZ airfare with Virgin. Also has a free membership for priority pass lounge.

Yes that is the standard offer on the main Amex site now.

While not as good value, due the change in insurance and drop in points earnt, as in previous years. $900 for a $400-600 flight and 80K (which is 60-80% of a return J to Europe depending on airline, with taxes of about $800) is great value.
Access to Virgin lounges is nice too.

I have resigned. But will look to go for the 80K again in a bit. I was offered 50K to stay. But might as well get the full 80K.

Yes that is the standard offer on the main Amex site now.

While not as good value, due the change in insurance and drop in points earnt, as in previous years. $900 for a $400-600 flight and 80K (which is 60-80% of a return J to Europe depending on airline, with taxes of about $800) is great value.
Access to Virgin lounges is nice too.

I have resigned. But will look to go for the 80K again in a bit. I was offered 50K to stay. But might as well get the full 80K.
Who does J to Europe for 100K points, is that Asia Miles?

I think Cathay is under 100k to Europe in J from memory

So $900 annual fee, 80,000 Amex MR points, one return flight to NZ and DJ lounge access.

Would be good as a once off if needing lounge access.

2 points per $ overseas, and 3 points per $ in Aus restaurants. It's actually not as bad as it might be for me. I'm likely to stick with it despite recent devaluations.

I'm a bit slow so bear with me..

Can anyone find the basic information like the interest rate and interest free days?

What is the benefit of the Platinum reserve card as well (other than a comp flight/ hotel night)?

I'm a bit slow so bear with me..

Can anyone find the basic information like the interest rate and interest free days?

What is the benefit of the Platinum reserve card as well (other than a comp flight/ hotel night)?
The Reservce has a different points earning levels which is beneficial in some cases.

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered before but how many Velocity points does 80,000 membership points equal? Is it 40,000 Velocity points?

thanks

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered before but how many Velocity points does 80,000 membership points equal? Is it 40,000 Velocity points?

thanks

But why would you put 80K MR to VA?

To MH and you have 80% of a J return to Europe

To SQ and you have one-way J to Europe.

But why would you put 80K MR to VA?

To MH and you have 80% of a J return to Europe

To SQ and you have one-way J to Europe.

Each to their own. Someone might want to do a bunch of domestic travel for example. That said, I agree :D

Hi
I wish to travel from Melbourne to London in J. Out of the MR partners which is the most value and secondly most likely to have availability. In reference to the opportunities to transfer 80000 points, I cannot find the burn rates with KF or Enrich that reflect previous comments.
Cheers

Hi
I wish to travel from Melbourne to London in J. Out of the MR partners which is the most value and secondly most likely to have availability. In reference to the opportunities to transfer 80000 points, I cannot find the burn rates with KF or Enrich that reflect previous comments.
Cheers

102 K on MH for return. Not as good as SQ, but is 60% less points.

MH also has very good availability.

Note that they use a variable price model, and so points required varies. So you will not always see 102K as the cheaper rate may have been taken. Ju.st play around with dummy bookings and you will soon see what is available

TIP: Note however if you fly in and out of the UK their greenhouse tax will sting, as it is charged on all outgoing flight. If you want to see Paris too, the saving of flying out of Paris will pay for the train and some accommodation.

Last edited:
102 K on MH for return. Not as good as SQ, but is 60% less points.

MH also has very good availability.

Note that they use a variable price model, and so points required varies. So you will not always see 102K as the cheaper rate may have been taken. Ju.st play around with dummy bookings and you will soon see what is available

TIP: Note however if you fly in and out of the UK their greenhouse tax will sting, as it is charged on all outgoing flight. If you want to see Paris too, the saving of flying out of Paris will pay for the train and some accommodation.

Wow, 102K points... The 80000 will be enough top up for me and the OH to fly QF J to Europe though.

80000 points is very sweet for an exchange with the other perks. Was thinking about the 5000 points deal on the velocity Amex card. More to think about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back