Amex Plat Charge - Up to 150k points via The High Life (ends 11 Feb!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinks485

Intern
Just saw this pop up on Facebook - note it ends next Tues 11 Feb.

The High Life has a 150k bonus offer for Amex Plat Charge - 50k points per month for first three months ($1500 spend each month). This isn't available by going to Amex directly (I checked, the bonus there is 80k points).

Most AFFers will know this metal card: it's Amex's top card (other than the invite-only Centurion card) and gets you worldwide lounge access, elite status with the main hotel chains, FHR, AccorPlus membership, and stacks of other benefits.

Considering applying for this as the benefits will be useful with some travel we have later in the year.

Currently hold the DJs Platinum card, can anyone confirm recent experience that this is NOT considered an AMEX issued card for sign up bonus purposes as has previously been the case?

Also, which cards are you able to refer people to with this one?

This card used to be good (I had it) when it cost $900 a year and you were getting a solid 1.5 points per dollar (equivalent to 1.5 QFF per dollar). They devalued the points and jacked up the fee so I dropped it.

Having said that, if you pick up the free reserve credit card as well, that's $850 worth of travel credit, as well as the equivalent 75,000 QFF or Velocity points, it may make sense to keep it for a year, if you have a lot of travel coming up. 6 years after I cancelled I am still getting free priority pass in the mail, and the hotel benefits lasted longer than a year too, so it may have a place if you have a lot of travel coming up.

Considering applying for this as the benefits will be useful with some travel we have later in the year.

Currently hold the DJs Platinum card, can anyone confirm recent experience that this is NOT considered an AMEX issued card for sign up bonus purposes as has previously been the case?

Also, which cards are you able to refer people to with this one?
Here is some recent guidance from point hacks on eligibility and referrals.

This card used to be good (I had it) when it cost $900 a year and you were getting a solid 1.5 points per dollar (equivalent to 1.5 QFF per dollar). They devalued the points and jacked up the fee so I dropped it.
I actually prefer the current points earn rate, since you get more on everyday spend. Before last year's changes it was all about the 'bonus categories' (unless you're referring to an even earlier period?).

I actually prefer the current points earn rate, since you get more on everyday spend. Before last year's changes it was all about the 'bonus categories' (unless you're referring to an even earlier period?).
Yes I am referring to when you got 1.5 points on everything - no bonus categories, It had it around 2012...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back