Status
Not open for further replies.

knagelli

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
I have read on AFF a number of times where people got their AMEX application approved on the spot. Today when I applied for the AMEX Platinum Card , I got the message saying approval process may take upto 10 working days.

Is that common to take 10 days or did I give them some information which is pushing it to 10 days. Thanks

Yes it's quite common but it can be quicker than this timeframe.

The Velocity Platinum I applied for today was approved on the spot, if you have already applied for a card in the past 3 months American Express will normally give you this same outcome up to 10 days but your application is effectively cancelled.

For the answers you seek you would be better off calling American Express for the answer.

otherwise if you have not applied for a card in the past 3 months then I'd wait for the outcome an go from there and if there is no answer within 30 minutes then you will need to wait.

When I had done mine today it was simply approved and this could be based on the fact I already have history with American Express and have maintained my card for many years.

Thanks @Sora

I did have AMEX Explorer card in the past that was cancelled in 2017. Also I had the Westpac backed AMEX card that was cancelled in Feb 2019.

Will probably wait for a week and then give them a call to check if there is anything pending from my end.

Thanks @Sora

I did have AMEX Explorer card in the past that was cancelled in 2017. Also I had the Westpac backed AMEX card that was cancelled in Feb 2019.

Will probably wait for a week and then give them a call to check if there is anything pending from my end.

I think you will be fine as it isn't an enquiry you had done it was simply a card you had and then cancelled.

So I would wait and see what happens but in some cases you could get a response the next day or it could take up to 10 based on their workload.

I have never had to wait 10 days though.

Have a plat edge and I applied for the charge card on a Sunday, it stated a 10 day approval process. Received an approval email on the Tuesday, card arrival the next day. A month later, I applied for the companion reserve card, approved on the spot.

Update - I called up the AMEX customer care to check what's the hold up on my application. They were not able to match the name on my driving license with my full name , so I asked to do the check with my Medicare card and it was approved in minutes on the phone. I will be getting my Plat Charge card by 16th Sep. Looking forward to receiving the card and the benefits that come along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back