Amex Plat/Cent 5 Points per dollar: V Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

haydensydney

Established Member
Saw on the Centurion website last night that between 01/08/2011 - 31/12/2011 you will earn 5 points per dollar on V Australia flights. You have to dig around the Centurion website to get to the info.

Good for my partner and I as we are taking 5 of us to Switzerland for Christmas - VA+EY will suffice i'm sure!

Premium Bonus Partners

Add up what you spent last month on clothing, dining out and travel. Multiply that figure by five.

It’s a concept that’s going to become very familiar to you because from now until the end of December 2011, you can earn up to an extraordinary five Membership Rewards points for every dollar spent with selected partners.

There are 24 retailers and services featured on the following pages and they’re ready to help send your points skyward. Some of these partners will be familiar and trusted, others are new brands with which to become acquainted.

Welcome to the ‘Power of Five’, courtesy of Centurion from American Express.

Partners include (and I haven't listed them all, just the travel related partners):
Aria
Cafe Sydney
Conrad
Hilton
IC
Netanya Noosa
Orion
LHW Group
V Australia

Terms and Conditions
1. You will earn 1.5 Membership Rewards points for every dollar spent up to $500,000, reverting back to 1 point thereafter. You will receive 3.5 Bonus Points on transactions made with participating Premium Points program partners from 1 August until 31 December 2011. Membership Rewards Bonus Point offers valid for transactions made between 1 August and 31 December 2011. Offers are valid for purchases charged to an eligible Australian-dollar American Express Platinum Card. Enrolment in Membership Rewards is required (an annual may fee apply). Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks for Bonus Points to be credited to your account. Where a booking is cancelled or transaction refunded, Bonus Points will be deducted. This Bonus Points, offer is only available at participating stores.

*surely this is a copy/paste job from the plat card site, and therefore the offer applies to plat and cent?

PS: All those hotels are AU specific... so you don't get additional points for overseas hotels.

Slightly OT here... Heyden, how was HK and did you get an upgrade in MO?

Oh really - I didn't read the fine print. But I did see that Wellington IC is in there too: I will be therefore a wedding in September, so might try to stay there and get my x5 points (mind you: thanks to the world cup, tariff is $570 a night for a king room - shocking!)

RE: MO HKG.... Loved it. They were great. Next time, I think we will spend more and try get the Oriental suite. Looks stunning in the pics. The suite we had was great though, I wrote a TR here on AFF if you didn't see....

@Hayden

Where on the centurion site did u find the info?? The site is so out of date it's hard to navigate!

I'd forgotten all about this...until today! Yesterday I purchased my VA flight to UK for March for $7.6k and found a handy 38k of MR points in my account today. :) this whole VA business just keeps getting better!!!!

Can i assume the edge counts as well? also does it have to be through virgin website or e.g. flight centre. Coz didnt get the bonus points when used FC with a qantas discovery....

Can i assume the edge counts as well? also does it have to be through virgin website or e.g. flight centre. Coz didnt get the bonus points when used FC with a qantas discovery....

Afraid not. Amex differentiates quite clearly the benefits between their credit card and charge card options, this deal is for charge cards. Also, I'm not 100% sure but I'd say you'd have to book via the virgin website so that Amex can identify the merchant as Virgin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back