AMEX + Passbook (Apple iOS 6 later iPhone devices only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akeno

I've just registered my cards for Passbook. Noticed on the front page of Amex, that they are now supporting this iPhone feature.

Once registered, you get instant transaction notifications and quick view of your total balance.

I've been able to register my Platinum Card, The Reserve and David Jones Store Card.

https://sync.americanexpress.com.au/Passbook/FAQ

I don't understand why this is not just apart of the AMEX app, unless they are building it to a stage where it could be used as pay pass. It's a pretty confusing move in my opinion...

I don't understand why this is not just apart of the AMEX app, unless they are building it to a stage where it could be used as pay pass. It's a pretty confusing move in my opinion...
I would prefer that too - ING already do this with their app, and I prefer that approach as it keeps the passbook uncluttered.

I set the autoupdates off cause the notifications got annoying - I want it to autoupdate, but I don't want notifications from THOSE passbook cards. (is that possible?)

possible.....but I suspect that someone in the I.T. department is being lazy. if they cared to make things simpler, they would of incorporated the quick balance view and push notifications into the existing amex app.

I would prefer that too - ING already do this with their app, and I prefer that approach as it keeps the passbook uncluttered.

I set the autoupdates off cause the notifications got annoying - I want it to autoupdate, but I don't want notifications from THOSE passbook cards. (is that possible?)

the only way i could think of to stop the annoying push notifications would be to turn your internet completely off.

possible.....but I suspect that someone in the I.T. department is being lazy. if they cared to make things simpler, they would of incorporated the quick balance view and push notifications into the existing amex app.

I don't think this is possible with an apple app as there are strict rules around what can run in the background. whist this is a great concept its poorly executed. You can't tell cards apart unless you flip the pass. This realtime visibility should have been provided in the app as well as a section called authorised transactions or unposted transactions. Its not that hard every bank does it.

The US call centre couldn't give two hoots if it doesn't work. Mine stopped updating and they basically fobbed me off. Give me back the Australian call center AMEX.

I don't think this is possible with an apple app as there are strict rules around what can run in the background. whist this is a great concept its poorly executed. You can't tell cards apart unless you flip the pass. This realtime visibility should have been provided in the app as well as a section called authorised transactions or unposted transactions. Its not that hard every bank does it.

No its possible....The PayPal iPhone app does push notifications, alerting you to every transaction made. The Commbank iPhone app has passcode login and quick balance view without logging in etc....so its not an iPhone limitation on Amex. I think I.T. at Amex can do better.

The Passbook only updates the last 5 transactions specific to the card registered, so if you cannot see additional card member spending, you need to register that card as well. Now that is silly.

I couldn't even register my supplementary card even if tried separately (with its own login)

anyone manage?

I couldn't even register my supplementary card even if tried separately (with its own login)

anyone manage?

i tried and it doesn't work.

i read somewhere in the terms that supplementary cards are not eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back