Amex Online Travel - Flight Booking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo

So I booked a flight OOL-AKL and return for early November. After booking I found that the luggage was only one way, what the no baggage on the return leg from Auckland?

When I originally booked the flights I admit to not paying a huge amount of attention to this, but in hindsgiht it would seem very odd when compared with other Airlines systems such as Air NZ/Virgin and Qantas/Jetstar.

Anyway I complained and thought it would be a good idea to bring the matter to the attention of Amex and was informed by a rather turse and surly mananger that is was going to to cost a $100 change fee and a $127 fee to upgrade the ticket, what the I thought, oh they would wave the $33 Amex change fee, how nice.

I would like to know what kind of a system allows baggage to be only carried one way ? derrr

There is no way you can change or update the fare so I asked Amex if they would cover some or all of the cost, no dice, bad luck Mr, T&C etc etc etc.

They are still selling flights with no reurn baggage out of Auckland ???

Not happy Jan so off to escalte the matter to a higher Amex authority.

The airline (Virgin) did say I could try and get bags on the return leg for $80 PP but could not for sure say if they would carry them. I guess it might be cabin bags.....

Oh well Amex online nice dealing with you, but never again ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back