Amex Online Travel - Flight Booking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo

So I booked a flight OOL-AKL and return for early November. After booking I found that the luggage was only one way, what the no baggage on the return leg from Auckland?

When I originally booked the flights I admit to not paying a huge amount of attention to this, but in hindsgiht it would seem very odd when compared with other Airlines systems such as Air NZ/Virgin and Qantas/Jetstar.

Anyway I complained and thought it would be a good idea to bring the matter to the attention of Amex and was informed by a rather turse and surly mananger that is was going to to cost a $100 change fee and a $127 fee to upgrade the ticket, what the I thought, oh they would wave the $33 Amex change fee, how nice.

I would like to know what kind of a system allows baggage to be only carried one way ? derrr

There is no way you can change or update the fare so I asked Amex if they would cover some or all of the cost, no dice, bad luck Mr, T&C etc etc etc.

They are still selling flights with no reurn baggage out of Auckland ???

Not happy Jan so off to escalte the matter to a higher Amex authority.

The airline (Virgin) did say I could try and get bags on the return leg for $80 PP but could not for sure say if they would carry them. I guess it might be cabin bags.....

Oh well Amex online nice dealing with you, but never again ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back