Amex MR to Marriott Bonvoy transfer bonus

motef

Hi all

I see currently on US-issued AMEX cards there is a 30% transfer bonus from AMEX MR to Marriott Bonvoy.

Is there anything similar on Australian issued cards or do AMEX have any history of this being done before and if so, how often?

Cheers

Hi all

I see currently on US-issued AMEX cards there is a 30% transfer bonus from AMEX MR to Marriott Bonvoy.

Is there anything similar on Australian issued cards or do AMEX have any history of this being done before and if so, how often?

Cheers
I have not see anything, but boy am I interested in such an offer if it is available. Watching carefully.

Hi all

Cheers
I have participated in one with Marriott in Australia. I have also seen the bonus offered for Hilton in Australia as well. I can't recall if it was advertised via email or on the Amex site. Just one day I was in there and noticed the bonus. This is what it looks like if you go here:

@motef the Tranfer bonus is now on again till end of year. Also on for Hilton. This time it is 30% bonus.

Transfer Membership Rewards points to your Marriott Bonvoy® account and receive 30% more Marriott Bonvoy® points. Don’t delay, offer ends 30 December 2021. Terms and Conditions apply.

1635843987477.png

Just transferred some. Points and bonus transferred instantly
question please - when I used the calculator to check how many points I would get it only shows the normal points not the bonus amount of points? is that right or I'm I being extra stupid!

question please - when I used the calculator to check how many points I would get it only shows the normal points not the bonus amount of points? is that right or I'm I being extra stupid!
It does say the normal amount of points but what lands in your Marriott will include the bonus 😀. Just tried and tested myself.

Thanks for mentioning, shame about the huge Marriott deval last week with the move to dynamic pricing. I will probably transfer a bit for some immediate bookings.

Bonus points aren’t reflected in Amex portal.

Will receive 30% extra of what is show.

Yes it's a bit of a double-edged sword this transfer bonus!
I'm sorry, I haven't done my figures yet. Does this bonus even out the effects of the deval (except for existing points which have been trapped there since COVID)?

I'm sorry, I haven't done my figures yet. Does this bonus even out the effects of the deval (except for existing points which have been trapped there since COVID)?

The bonus is all upside until Mar 2022. After that it's unknown exactly how dynamic pricing will look.

Thanks. I'll do some homework now. I transferred a bunch of MR before the last deval from MR to Bonvoy. Have a few due to lack of travel since COVID. I'll need to get going on using them for new bookings depending on the impact of dynamic pricing.

Thanks for mentioning, shame about the huge Marriott deval last week with the move to dynamic pricing. I will probably transfer a bit for some immediate bookings.

Does it mean Travel Packages will be the things of the past? A while back Travel Packages were one of the best features of the Marriott program.

Does it mean Travel Packages will be the things of the past? A while back Travel Packages were one of the best features of the Marriott program.

I'm not sure that has been confirmed, the air & hotel packages would seem likely to move to a dynamic pricing system also given the hotel category structure is being removed (or that's my understanding)

This is good news for me and I have been waiting for it to come up again. So might wait until the end of the promo period to maximise the points transferred, though I doubt I will get to the next threshold for extra 5K bonus AAdvantage miles. But might as well take the bonus into Bonvoy and add later for top-up to next AAdvantage transfer.

This is good news for me and I have been waiting for it to come up again. So might wait until the end of the promo period to maximise the points transferred, though I doubt I will get to the next threshold for extra 5K bonus AAdvantage miles. But might as well take the bonus into Bonvoy and add later for top-up to next AAdvantage transfer.
we are on the same page! There hasn't been an AA bonus for more than two years....I;m waiting as well

Transferring and booking as many properties for travel till March23. This will be the last promo before March23 for us aussies imo
Post automatically merged:

Transferring and booking as many properties for travel till March23. This will be the last promo before March23 for us aussies imo

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back