Amex MR - interesting narration

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Established Member
I got this posted on 13/3

13/03/2009Points Removal - Due to Bonus Defect0-3,000-3,000

No, it's on the Plat CC.

I wonder if it has anything to do with those 'accelerator' points I got while the Everyday Spending promotion was in chaos.

I've been hit with this as well - my guess is that it is due to those accelerator points that I got back during the Everyday Spending promo.

I'll decide whether I'm going to chase this up after I get resolution from the Everyday Spending Promo.

Well, I'm in the hole to -4000pts.

THis on top of non-crediting 5t/5k has me SUPER annoyed.

Just spend 20 mins on phone to amex - apparently people got double credited platinum bonii (0.5pts got added twice) without enrolment so they're subtracting.

Amazing how we've all spent exact round numbers......:evil:

I think they just do what they want now. :evil::evil::evil::evil:

I dont want to trawl thru my statements to see if the deduction is right

Well, what are the odds that it was an exact round $6000?

Well, what are the odds that it was an exact round $6000?

I think we should be asking Amex for a points reconciliation in regards these points deductions - to see how they came to calculate how many points to deduct.

They can't get it right can they? It's pathetic. This happened to me also, I'm really getting annoyed even more ... someone from MR has to be getting their *** kicked for several stuffups.

I got docked 2000 - I was getting 2 points per $ at one stage on my Platinum Credit so what Amex is saying is probably correct, but I doubt whether we all got credited a nice round '000 number by mistake

To add to my annoyance I redeemed for a BP fuel card last night.

This morning - email arrives: 15-25% off gift cards until March 31. Did they subtract the 15% depsite me ordering through the website? haha of course not.

I am now resolute - the Amex card will go unless they pay every last point owed to me.

To add to my annoyance I redeemed for a BP fuel card last night.

This morning - email arrives: 15-25% off gift cards until March 31. Did they subtract the 15% depsite me ordering through the website? haha of course not.

I am now resolute - the Amex card will go unless they pay every last point owed to me.

If the 15-25% offer began today, and you ordered last night; then I would expect you should not get the discount.

It's been running since January. I'd forgotten. My stupid, I know, but they should have calcuated it - it wasnt advertised ontheir webiste (at least that I could find last night).

I was docked 4000 points (I had already transferred a lot of my points out of MR so my balance is now -2000 or so).

The rounding to the '000 is interesting. That said, I am sure I could have accumulated well over this in this mistake...so i dont know how they figured it all out??

So who is going to bite and call Amex about it?

Apparentally a memo is going around AMEX Consultants.

This was due to anyone with an association credit card, (AMA, Law etc) where they were giving too many points. They said they were docking people a round figure of 2,000 even if they were given way more than that - as it was their fault. A letter should be sent out to ALL affected card holders by end of month.

Apparentally.
:rolleyes:

Received letter from Amex today dated 19th March. Says there was a duplication of points between 15th September and 16th November, which has been reversed but rounded down to the nearest thousand.

I definately was getting more points as I have already posted the big Amex thread, but nobody knew what it was at the time (including Amex). Letter is personalised to the professional body card that I have, but the rest of it looks very generic.

Agree, no complaints here. Although the 2000 points is still interesting because my monthly spend over a 2 month period @ .5 points overpaid is considerably more than 2000...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back