AMEX Minimum Income

HMcM

Hi all,
I was on the Amex website recently and notices that the minimum income figures for their australian cards have been removed. Does anybody know if there is an actual change in policy and that minimum income is no longer accounted for or if it's now simply a hidden requirement?

If you hit apply now, and on the top right corner there is an icon called "Important information"

It still has a minimum income requirement, for example Plat:

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS

• You are aged 18 or over.

• You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a long term visa. Long term means 12 months or more and does not include a student visa.

• You have an annual income of $100,000 or more.
Please ensure you satisfy these requirements before you proceed.

If it’s any help, I applied for the Amex Platinum with an income substantially below the minimum income and was approved. At the time I had probably a 2 year account history with them and had always paid my card in full after receiving my monthly statement.

Thanks for the replies guys. It's interesting that they have removed it from the main page for each card but it's still on the apply page.

If you hit apply now, and on the top right corner there is an icon called "Important information"

It still has a minimum income requirement, for example Plat:

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS

• You are aged 18 or over.

• You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a long term visa. Long term means 12 months or more and does not include a student visa.

• You have an annual income of $100,000 or more.
Just as an update, the income requirement has been removed from the "Important Information" tab. It now simply states:

Eligibility Requirements​

• You are 18 years of age or over.

Just as an update, the income requirement has been removed from the "Important Information" tab. It now simply states:

Eligibility Requirements​

• You are 18 years of age or over.
Looks like they are widening the targeted audience for Plat Charge!

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back