AMEX Maximiser - any views on this card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gum Nut

We have recently cancelled our Q-ANZ Gold Visa and got a Citibank Visa in place of it and to be truthful we are not very happy with Citibank's competence, their points system appears to work slower than an inebriated ant and they make too many mistakes in our experience, we also hold the Woolies EzyMastercard - now I'm thinking of applying for an AMEX Maximiser card which gives 1.5 points per $1 spent plus any other bonus offers they have going.

For hubby and I to have this new card will cost us $180 per yr which considering the benefits is far better than the Q-ANZ Gold Visa.

The aim is for two of us to fly to London on QFF points and only have to pay for our daughter's fare - well really hubby will be the one who pays for his fare and daughter and I go on his points, then he can take advantage of flying miles.

The AMEX Maximiser card seems like the better/quicker card to have in order to meet our goal.

Anyone have any views on the AMEX Maximiser card?

TIA - GumNut

I have had an AMEX maximiser for about a month now. I chose a combination of this card plus the Woolies Mastercard (low fees) to replace my ANZ Visa. So far I am very happy with the AMEX card. No hassles with the application process. The first statement, I got more points than I expected because of a special bonus with Starwood Hotels that I wasn't even aware of. A nice surprise! Also the reward fee is charged monthly, so no more big upfront fee with reward changes a few months later (grrr ANZ).

I set up online access to my account and the points appear virtually straight away. Had a couple of questions and the phone consultants were friendly and helpful.

Before deciding on a these cards I did a fair amount of checking my regular bills. Still need a Mastercard/Visa for places that don't accept AMEX but I did find it was more accepted than Diners.

Haven't had the same success with Woolies card. So far they got my address wrong, then there has been a delay with Woolies sending through my ID for processing, so I am still waiting to get the card.

Hope this helps. From my experience so far, I give the AMEX Maximiser a thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back