Amex IAP (International Airline Program) on JAL ex-AU?

encryptededdy

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Oneworld
Emerald
Star Alliance
Silver
Hello!

I'm considering getting myself an Amex Platinum card, and I've heard good things about Amex's IAP pricing for JAL fares. However, all of these reports are from US-based people, so I'm not actually too sure what pricing is like on ex-AU fares. I was wondering if someone here with an Amex Platinum or Centurion card could help me do some dummy searches just so I can get an idea on what sorts of discounts I should expect on Amex IAP fares on JAL premium cabins.

Mainly looking at JAL SYD-HND return. Any date is OK but e.g. you could search Aug 11 - Aug 20 in Premium Economy and Business? I'm seeing $2400 in PE and $5900 in J when booking direct. What pricing does IAP offer up? If nothing is available, then any set of dates in the second half of 2023 is OK too, I just want to get a bit of an idea of the discount (if any!) to expect.

Thanks in advance.

Good info thanks. That first one is actually a PE fare it seems (R is a PE fare class), despite what the website says. Looks like a $130 discount, so nothing major unlike being reported for some ex-USA fares.

If possible could you check 1 or 2 more random dates next year, just to confirm whether this ~5% discount is what I should be expecting at all times. Also interesting to see no discount on Business Class for those dates.

I booked a JAL J fare to Europe about a month ago. The fare was about 10% (PE discount was a little less) lower than anywhere else I could find including directly with JAL.

If you are booking more than one sector each way (ie beyond HND), IAP may not be able to match the routings you can get booking on the JAL website. Also availability does not always match up with an online search, but trying a few hours later sometimes works. In addition IAP couldnt book some codeshare flights with BA or QF metal on routes that JAL serve themselves even if it is avail to book on the JAL website.

I booked a JAL J fare to Europe about a month ago. The fare was about 10% (PE discount was a little less) lower than anywhere else I could find including directly with JAL.

If you are booking more than one sector each way (ie beyond HND), IAP may not be able to match the routings you can get booking on the JAL website. Also availability does not always match up with an online search, but trying a few hours later sometimes works. In addition IAP couldnt book some codeshare flights with BA or QF metal on routes that JAL serve themselves even if it is avail to book on the JAL website.

Just to add on to this, sometimes you might need to use the multi-city tool to force a fare to display.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back