Not open for further replies.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Got this email yesterday:
There is nothing like great food, friendly service and your favourite wine to lift your spirits. So, to help you celebrate, we would like to reward you with a $50 Cellarmasters voucher*.

To be eligible for this tempting offer, simply register your details and dine out at participating restaurants at least three times before 19 September 2010. And just by spending more than $50 on your Card^ each time, the Cellarmasters voucher will be yours*.

We've got a selection of tantalising restaurants to tempt your taste buds so it couldn't be easier, but hurry – it's limited to the first 8500 Cardmembers to apply.
I've just looked at the restaurants and feel I could get there, so am registering at present. The Merchant offer terms are below:
Merchant Offer Terms:

The following Merchant Offer Terms are specific to the Merchant Offer above:
The terms and conditions for this Promotion (as defined below) (the “Promotion terms”) are as follows:

Entry is only open to individuals aged 18 years or older of Australian residency, who are the Primary Account Holders of an Australian Dollar American Express Card, issued by American Express Australia Limited or by any Licensed Network Partners of American Express Limited (“Eligible Entrant”). Cardholders who hold an American Express Business Travel Account, Government Card, Corporate Purchasing Card, IBA Gold Business Card, IGA Gold Business Card, ALM Gold Business Card, Campbell’s Gold Business Card, Best Western Gold Business Card, pharmac_ Business Card, Gold pharmac_ Business Card, Platinum pharmac_ Business Card or API Platinum pharmac_ Business Card are not eligible to enter.

To be eligible to receive the $50 Cellarmasters voucher, Eligible Entrants must register for this offer at amexnetwork.com.au/dine and spend between 00:01 AEST on 28 July 2010 and 23:59 AEST on 19 September 2010 (“the promotional period”). Participation is limited to the first 8500 Eligible Entrants who register. Once registered, Eligible Entrants must spend 3 times at participating restaurants as listed on the promotion website Dine, spending at least $50 or more in 3 separate transactions during the promotional period. Eligible Entrants may only register one Card for this offer. Only transactions made on the Primary Card registered for the offer are eligible. Transactions made on another Card account or a Supplementary Card with a different Card account number that is not registered are not eligible. The $50 Cellarmasters voucher will be emailed approximately 4 to 6 weeks from date of the end of the promotional period to the email address provided on this registration form. The Cellarmasters voucher is redeemable online at Buy Wine Online | Buy Wine in our Online Wine Store | Cellarmasters, subject to the terms and conditions detailed in the voucher email. Limit of one $50 Cellarmasters voucher per Eligible Entrant, only one voucher may be redeemed per order, valid for single use only, voucher cannot be redeemed on any beer, or any free beer offers. Orders that breach these conditions will be placed on hold and cancelled. Voucher is not transferable for cash. Unique voucher code must be provided at time of order. The $50 Cellarmasters voucher is valid until 31/12/2010.

Needless to say, they just confirmed me as registered. Now to take the wife & family to dinner this weekend

Yeah I got the email too last night.

Some familiar haunts there - all on the high-ish end of the scale, but $50 would at least pay for a decent bottle to go with (after?) the meal :)

Any more BNE holders with the email who would like to meet up for an Amex Do? :p :mrgreen: :D

Oh I think that is a given, we just need to make a night.

Of course...but I believe it's usually your time which is at a premium :(

Also, we gotta split some bills and do this 3 times to get the voucher :p :p :eek:

Had a quick look at the BNE list, and there are a lot of restaurants on the list! Not all of them are completely top top-market, either. Some of them are also QFF restaurants*.

* Subject to a working QFF card swipe-ready machine

Last edited:
Yeah, signed up for this. Agreed that there are a lot of restaurants, many of which arent overly expensive. Not a bad little promo.

Received this offer last night, straight sent to the bin. Not impressive.

Received this offer last night, straight sent to the bin. Not impressive.

Umm it's pretty damn good

Spend $150 and get $50 of free alcohol

Some of the restaurants also earn 3 Qantas FF points per $1 spent as part of the Qantas Restaurants earning deal

So 4.5 points per $1
$50 free alcohol for spending $150

I like it ALOT

I had a $50 Cellarmasters voucher to use recently and wasn't able to find anything tempting enough.

Cellarmasters seems to charge inflated prices and (generally) sells very average wines.

My advice - don't treat the $50 as actually being worth $50!

I had a $50 Cellarmasters voucher to use recently and wasn't able to find anything tempting enough.

Cellarmasters seems to charge inflated prices and (generally) sells very average wines.

That's exactly what I want to say, I would rather AMEX gives me extra 5000 points.

Can you top up the $50 with other money in a transaction?

Besides, this is not something you would actively pursue, but rather get it on the side. And given that the restaurant list is quite large, depending on how often you dine out it may just come anyway.

This is not like the infamous points for transactions promotion of some years ago where people actively changed their spending habits to cash in on the promo.

Like always you need to look at the value based on your benchmarks, in my case I do some corporate entertaining so 3 x $50 meals is not an issue, I can then use the voucher to get a 6 pack of Bin 28 for just over $20 a bottle. I see the value :D

Like always you need to look at the value based on your benchmarks, in my case I do some corporate entertaining so 3 x $50 meals is not an issue, I can then use the voucher to get a 6 pack of Bin 28 for just over $20 a bottle. I see the value :D

I did get and use a $50 Cellarmaster voucher through another source recently and agree it wasn't worth $50. As I remember there was a minimum spend required (unsure if it was $120 but think it may have been $150). Best deals I could get with the voucher was about $15-20 of what I could source elsewhere, some offers were even worse and I had some difficulty finding anything I wanted.

Of course all I had to do was sign up for an email list (since unsubscribed) not splurge on 3 expensive dinners.

not splurge on 3 expensive dinners.

There is a heap of restaurants in there, lots that are quite cheap.

I have had my first dinner $56 for two at a nice Indian restaurant and will be having 2 more before the deadline.

Combine it with the Qantas 3 points per $1 restaurants and it's even better value

Just received the $50 voucher via email. Disappointed that it was limited to the three choices on the specified page.

Tried to redeem it on another item, but it wouldn't let me. :evil:

Just received the $50 voucher via email. Disappointed that it was limited to the three choices on the specified page.

Tried to redeem it on another item, but it wouldn't let me. :evil:

It works for me tho... you need to put the "unique code" into the voucher field and it takes 50 dollars off the original price....

I was trying to buy a single bottle of the veuve clicquot at about $80. Came up with an error saying my voucher could not be used with that product. So in the end, I just bought the $50 6-bottles, then earned 7 QFF points for the shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back