Amex Cards No Longer Offered at Professionals Australia Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato1

Established Member
I was just checking the Members Advantage section of the Professionals Australia site to see what deals were on offer, and was surprised to see that the American Express Cards section was no longer there - and it had been there ever since I can remember.

I got my Professionals Platinum Edge card through that site, and have been getting a $50 a year discount on its annual fee.

I wonder if this is a temporary thing, or a sign of changing times - perhaps related to the same factors that led to the forthcoming points devaluation?
Regards,
Renato

Amex have been terminating PA card agreements for a number of years now. Amex terminated their agreement with my PA back in 2017.

You can continue to access the lower annual fee and other benefits as long as you do not cancel the card/s. I have an ex-PA Charge and Edge which both have annual fee discounts.

Amex have been terminating PA card agreements for a number of years now. Amex terminated their agreement with my PA back in 2017.

You can continue to access the lower annual fee and other benefits as long as you do not cancel the card/s. I have an ex-PA Charge and Edge which both have annual fee discounts.
Interesting thanks.
So long as I keep my discount, I'm happy.
Cheers,
Renato

The Engineers Australia association was cancelled back in 2017 too. My discount has remained in place for the Platinum Charge and will continue to do so after the increase in the AF to $1450pa.

I have a professional Association diners card which is fee free.The association was discontinued ~ 15 years ago but my DC is still fee free.
hopefully Amex will keep their discounts going as long.Shouldn't need it after that.

I just noticed that Amex Cards are now back at the Professionals Australia site.
Regards,
Renato

I just noticed that Amex Cards are now back at the Professionals Australia site.
Regards,
Renato

You’re right, they are indeed back at my Professsional Association’s reward site as well. Interesting, I wonder what changed.

You’re right, they are indeed back at my Professsional Association’s reward site as well. Interesting, I wonder what changed.
It's curious - they didn't take anyone else off the old display while they were preparing for the redesigned new display.

I notice they also have lots of the Woolworths E-cards at 5% off.
Regards,
Renato

P.S. I just noticed that the Member Advantage site is still going, but that it doesn't have all the offers available in the "My Savings" section of the new portal at
Sign In

For example, I can't find perfumes at the Member Advantage site, whereas they are easily found at the new site.

Last edited:
The association was discontinued ~ 15 years ago but my DC is still fee free.

What about the most important feature of this card - having the name of the org printed on the top right of the card? Is it still there after 15 years?

My professional renewal fee was just ticked up..... happy to see it's $1,200 not $1,450.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back