Amex birthday bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isochronous

Established Member
Received this offer on my Explorer by email today:

Dear Isochronous,

With your birthday approaching, what better time to treat yourself? Simply spend $20 or more on your Card by 31 December 2016 to get one $20 credit on your account*. There’s nothing to activate or claim – and you can spend anywhere your Card is accepted. You don’t even have to spend the $20 in one transaction – think of it as a little birthday treat from American Express to you.

That's a generous offer. I wonder if it is a new initiative by Amex...

I just had a birthday (November) and didn't get an offer like that.

perhaps its for people who don't use their card much?

I didn't get one either and I too am a December baby, and I've been hammering my card all of December!

I didn't get any offers. My birthday was 18 Dec.

Must be targeted? What card did everyone have. I have Amex Plat Edge card. This is my primary card so its gets a lot of usage

None for me.My card gets so much usage I soon might have to get yet another because numbers wear out.

I was going to create a new thread, but found this one in the process.....

Mrs 2905 received an e-mail from Amex today, offering her 2 bonus points per dollar* on her Explorer card (she's the primary cardholder) until the end of this, her birthday, month, but only when used via Apple pay, Google Pay or Samsung pay.

Extract from the e-mail.....

When celebrating all that is you, we think a single day is hardly enough. That's why we're extending the celebrations to your whole birthday month.

Simply save the offer to your Card, get 2 Membership Rewards Bonus Points per $1 spent, in-store, online or in-app via Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay™ by 31/07/2018, capped at 2,000 Membership Reward points. Limited to 2,500 Cards. Exclusions and limits apply.

Good to see that this one is still around - suffice to say I didn't get a birthday offer in 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back