Amex and agoda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clobu5

I have a velocity platinum Amex which I use for all my flight and hotel bookings as 3/$1 velocity and 2/$1 for hotels and other airlines.

I was just going through my statement as saw a $2600 spend on agoda went through as single not double points...

Anyone else got this card that can comment?? Guess I just assumed agoda counted when I may have been better using a different card.

I love the idea 5/$1 for accommodation once adding the 3/$1 for staying as a velocity member.

I had this issue when using my platinum reserve card, I phoned Amex and the extra points were manually added to my account whilst I was on the phone! Apparently Agoda isn't on their list of travel providers, so points were not automatically added. Good luck!

I have a velocity platinum Amex which I use for all my flight and hotel bookings as 3/$1 velocity and 2/$1 for hotels and other airlines.

I was just going through my statement as saw a $2600 spend on agoda went through as single not double points...

Anyone else got this card that can comment?? Guess I just assumed agoda counted when I may have been better using a different card.

I love the idea 5/$1 for accommodation once adding the 3/$1 for staying as a velocity member.

If you book Agoda through velocity site you get 3 points per dollar plus bonus points for having some status..even using nab premium amex card and no status you could get 1.5 points + 3 points = 4.5points. With your gold status you would get 3 + 75% bonus = 5.25 points plus your card of choice

Yes I get the velocity gold bonus and rather than use my nab amex, always use my platinum reserve to get 2 points per dollar spend on travel providers. Great earner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back