American Express *Corporate* Platinum card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Febs

Established Member
Hi guys,

(Great site btw...I had no idea anything like this existed!)

I've read a lot of talk here about AMEX Platinum cards, but nothing about the Corporate Platinum card. I saw it in the Qantas magazine earlier in the week, but couldn't see any mention of it on AMEX's website.

Curious if anyone knows anything about it yet....specifically what the criteria is (minimum spend?) and what the annual fees are?

Also, does anyone know how you'd go about replacing your existing corporate card with a platinum one? Can they re-issue the same number?

Cheers,
- Febs.

Febs,

If you have an existing Corporate AMEX and want to upgrade to Platinum like I did, they simply cancel your old card and issue a new one with a new number.
There is no minimum spend as far as I am aware but the annual fee is there to deter smaller users.I am doing about 10K/month atm.

Thanks superchris. Out of curiosity what's the annual fee? (I can't remember if it was mentioned in the ad, but I didn't take the magazine with me.)

Actually on that note, is there an annual fee for a regular Corporate card? If there is, I guess my company paid it for me before I got the card..

From memory the benefits were 1.5points per dollar, and better travel insurance (same as a regular Platinum card)...is there anything else significant?

I'll probably be doing only $40-$50k/year on my card, so it may not be worth it. It'll probably cause headaches with the expense we use too (expenses get automatically downloaded).

Cheers,
- Febs.

Febs,
My annual fee is $1500 and they waived all supplementary card fees.
I have used the Concierge sevice to get front row VIP tennis tickets and its great!

I had another look at the ad and noticed it's a specific Qantas Corporate Platinum card. Is that the one you've got, or is this a new one?

The ad said "Launching later this month".

Cheers,
- Febs.

superchris said:
Febs,

I was referring to the standard AMEX Plat Corporate Card.

Ahh ok, gotcha. :)
I might give them a call and see what the deal with the new one is. I'll let you guys know. :)

Cheers,
- Febs.

superchris said:
Febs,
My annual fee is $1500 and they waived all supplementary card fees.
I have used the Concierge sevice to get front row VIP tennis tickets and its great!

Why do you pay an annual fee of $1500, when the website says the annual fee is only $1200 (including 4 free supplementary cards). (Perhaps you get a lot of free supplementary cards - many more than 4???)

Paulz.

Credit Cards - Business Credit Cards - American Express Australia

I gave them a call this afternoon...didn't get anywhere. :rolleyes:

I called the number mentioned in the ad, and (after a very long wait) was greeted with a recorded message saying "The number you have called is wrong. You have reached AMEX head office <something> street" (or similar).

Then I rang Corporate Card Services and spoke to someone who had no idea there was a Qantas Platinum Corporate card, but assured me it was invite-only, and she had no idea of the details.

Kind of begs the question "why advertise it?" doesn't it? :rolleyes:

I'll try calling the original number again tomorrow.

Cheers,
- Febs.

Are you certain you're talking about the Corporate card and not the Business card?

There's definitely a platinum Business card, but I have not heard of a platinum Corporate card...

JOBU

Jobu said:
Are you certain you're talking about the Corporate card and not the Business card?

Yes.
Have a look in the latest Qantas magazine. It's a new card launching later this month, called the "AMEX Qantas Corporate Platinum card"

I rang back again yesterday and put my name on the mailing list for information. They haven't yet decided on the annual fee.

Cheers,
- Febs.

Febs said:
Yes.
Have a look in the latest Qantas magazine. It's a new card launching later this month, called the "AMEX Qantas Corporate Platinum card"

I rang back again yesterday and put my name on the mailing list for information. They haven't yet decided on the annual fee.

Cheers,
- Febs.

Hmm - that annual fee needs to be huge I think. I seriously think I could put a business case together for this. Given my J class travel in Asia over the next 12 months the fee must have to be in excess of $5K for me not to be able to simply say "Look get me this card and I will book my next business trip on it and save $5k"

EDit - just noted that its one-way... Even so what ever the card cost would be a saving surely? If I am due to fly to HKG next year - say for $5,910 each way (per this table in the Amex platinum brochure link Qantas Club Terms & Conditions) and the card fee is say $3K (cant imagine it would be that much more than the standard card price of $1500 quoted above). That means that the gross cost of travel would be $11,820 if I paid on normal Amex. But if I got plat (assume $3k fee) the cost of travel is only $8,910 - a saving of $2,910. Even if we were getting a 30% discount from standard rates for flights its break even....

Hmm....

Last edited:
Jobu said:

There's definitely a platinum Business card, but I have not heard of a platinum Corporate card...

JOBU

I agree with JOBU. I thought Corporate Card options were only the standard and the Gold.

EDIT: Read the second page of posts - yup, there does seem to be one now!

Last edited:
I rang Amex and got put on the list. The applications should be available on the 25th of September. Also found out that the Annual fee is $1200.

Hmm - $1200... that is pretty cheap and I reckon (if I check my travel plans) that would be more than offset by savings on a direct flight to somewhere.

I do wonder though how guaranteed the award flight is on Qantas. And maybe how flexible it is. Then again what are the advantages to me other than 1.5 points/$ and given I dont pay for my travel on my card...its only hotels costs...

This is great for people who have two credit cards!!!

:!: This is great for people who have two credit cards!!! Look at what you make from others work!!!

*** Reference deleted by admin. Very suspect download - see later posting ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: This is great for people who have two credit cards!!!

GERKON said:
:!: This is great for people who have two credit cards!!! Look at what you make from others work!!!
X

I don't recommend following this link at all.

While I can't determine exactly what's wrong with the executable (it passes several Antivirus scanners, but it looks very suspicious to me like an installer for a backdoor trojan)

So bottom line - I don't think it will help you with credit card reconcilliation! In fact it might help someone else reconcile your passwords with your Internet Banking et.al

(I'm more than happy to retract these statements if I am wrong ... but doubt I am).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back