American Express Centurion Lounge Opens In Hong Kong International Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

slinkyap

"This week American Express announced the expansion of its signature airport lounge network, The Centurion Lounge, with two new locations in Hong Kong and Philadelphia International Airports. Hong Kong, which opened this week, marks the first Centurion lounge in Asia, and Philadelphia, opening in late October, marks the 8th U.S. location of this brand."

Source : TheDesignAir

Definitely a welcoming news. Can't exactly confirm if this is on airside or landside. However, does anyone know if AU-issued Explorer cards are eligible to use the lounge with included lounge passes?

Edit: Hmmm I figured this might be better off @ Travel Insiders Tip > Airport lounges topic. Moderators, feel free to move topic as you see fit. Thanks!

Last edited:
Definitely a welcoming news. Can't exactly confirm if this is on airside or landside. However, does anyone know if AU-issued Explorer cards are eligible to use the lounge with included lounge passes?

Edit: Hmmm I figured this might be better off @ Travel Insiders Tip > Airport lounges topic. Moderators, feel free to move topic as you see fit. Thanks!

Only Platinum Charge and higher are allowed access. An Explorer will certainly not make the grade...

Access to The Centurion network

I might stick my head in and have a look around when I am in HKG in a few weeks time.

I also note that the QF PR department (aka Ausbt) was able to get a QF mention into an article that had nothing to do with QF....

Last edited:
Visited this great lounge on 12 Oct before my VA HKG-MEL flight, with my China Merchants Bank (CMB) American Express Platinum Card. As AMEX is currently not allowed to issue cards directly in China, all AMEX cards in the country are co-branded credit cards issued with select bank partners, such as CMB, and no charge cards are on the market yet. I think AUSBT has it wrong when saying that "To get beyond reception, you'll need to have an American Express Platinum Charge Card, Business Platinum Card or Corporate Platinum Card issued directly by AMEX in any country, including Australia.", as it failed to take Chinese co-branded, top-tier AMEX credit cards into account. Here is a shot of my CMB AMEX Platinum card, and I guess few AFFers here have seen this foreign card and many may find it a bit interesting and...exotic, as there is a UnionPay logo on the front of the card. To see my report on my visit to the new centurion lounge, click 美国运通香港百夫长贵宾室初体验(招行AE白)-招商银行 - 手机版
I've done the report in Chinese, though, so non-Chinese speakers can just take a look at the photos in it:)
CMB AMEX Platinum.jpg

Subscribing. Interested to know if its better to visit this one as opposed to an alternate CX J lounge for a 2hr transit in HKG.

Yes, that's right. But you can view the whole post straightaway if you click the link on your computer.
I've never been to the already-closed Virgin Atlantic clubhouse before, so I don't know if the centurion lounge has been built on the former Virgin Atlantic space or not.
Thanks. FYI following the link on mobile - you need to expand the first post to see the pics.

Is this the former Virgin Atlantic space??

Last edited:
You mean the Pier? I don't think the AMEX centurion lounge can compete with it. But it's worth allocating some of your two-hours time at the new lounge, either as a loyal AMEX cardholder or a guy who likes trying something new, or whatever, haha.
Subscribing. Interested to know if its better to visit this one as opposed to an alternate CX J lounge for a 2hr transit in HKG.

It's not in the Virgin Atlantic space. The VS space remains vacant but the outside of the VS lounge still looks like it did when VS was there. Seems nobody has taken over the lease just yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back