Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
Amex has launched a "cashback" credit card in Australia where you earn cashback on all purchases rather than earning points. The annual fee is $120 (charged as a $10 monthly fee) and you get 1% cashback on all purchases excluding government transactions which give 0.5% cashback.

Based on my calculations, you'd need to spend more than $1,000/month to earn back your monthly fee as cashback.

As a bonus offer for new cardholders you can also get 5% cashback for the first 3 months, up to $200 and you can get bonus cashback (1.5%) via Shop Small. Also comes with a monthly BINGE subscription.

Seems to be aimed at younger folks. Minimum income requirement is $40k.

Personally I'll stick to credit cards that earn points, but I guess it's good to have more options out there.

I assume as an AMEX card you'd still get the usaly cash back offers?

Last edited:
Not a good value IMO. For those who want cashback they should look at 2% cashback (up to $50per month) with HSBC Everyday Global Account with no fees.
Yep, the 2% HSBC cashback applies to all tap, Apple Pay and Google Pay of $100 or less. You spend up to $2,500 a month to reach the $50 per month limit.

This Amex doesn't really compare unless you need the credit facility attached to your Binge subscription...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back