American Express Business Accelerator Credit Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 MR points per $1 spent reverting to 1 MR point per $1 spent after first 100,000 points (plus normal 0.5 on utils/government/etc) for $160/year seems like a pretty good deal - better than Edge for many people. It is a business card though, of course.[/QUOTE]

Yes I also found this card after being pissed off at the changes AMX have made to the points earn on all their cards it is a business card so you need as a minimum an ABN and accountants details if you can do this then you are laughing.

Yes I also found this card after being pissed off at the changes AMX have made to the points earn on all their cards it is a business card so you need as a minimum an ABN and accountants details if you can do this then you are laughing.

Do you happen to know how strict Amex are on the "business" requirement? I have an ABN but don't earn any income through it... wondering if ABN + income from any source is enough to get one of their "business" cards. Hoping so... looks like a good potential replacement for my Plat Charge + Plat Reserve after 1 October.

Do you happen to know how strict Amex are on the "business" requirement? I have an ABN but don't earn any income through it... wondering if ABN + income from any source is enough to get one of their "business" cards. Hoping so... looks like a good potential replacement for my Plat Charge + Plat Reserve after 1 October.

They did not seem that worried as long as you can fill out the details when you start the application process but they do seem to want an accountants details to ring them and verify business details.

They did not seem that worried as long as you can fill out the details when you start the application process but they do seem to want an accountants details to ring them and verify business details.

Thanks... might give it a try and see how it goes.

nice find!!

planning to ditch my Plat Charge like everyone else here.... and I only fly Cathay Pacific so I only want points that I can transfer to Asia Miles

Website (above) saying 2 MR points per dollar up to 100,000 points (or $50k spend)

so....if the transfer rate to CX Asia Miles is still 1:1, then doesnt it make this card the best point earn rate for AM at 2AM points per $1 spend???
even my Plat charge used to be 1.5AM to $1 only.

maybe I should get this card for a bargain $160 per yr, spend 50k on it, then revert to Westpac Altitude Plat Plus for 1.33AM to $1.

what do u think? and I missing something? :confused:

and whats the difference between Ascent and Ascent Premium for Amex? website did say much.

nice find!!

planning to ditch my Plat Charge like everyone else here.... and I only fly Cathay Pacific so I only want points that I can transfer to Asia Miles

Website (above) saying 2 MR points per dollar up to 100,000 points (or $50k spend)

so....if the transfer rate to CX Asia Miles is still 1:1, then doesnt it make this card the best point earn rate for AM at 2AM points per $1 spend???
even my Plat charge used to be 1.5AM to $1 only.

maybe I should get this card for a bargain $160 per yr, spend 50k on it, then revert to Westpac Altitude Plat Plus for 1.33AM to $1.

what do u think? and I missing something? :confused:

and whats the difference between Ascent and Ascent Premium for Amex? website did say much.

Ascent premium allows transfer to QFF.

Correct (for the earn rate) - but only for the first $50k/year. With regards to "best point earn rate", I think it's the best for general spending. Edge equals / beats it some of the time, but only for spend at merchants in the quite limited 2 and 3 point per $1 categories.

what do u think? and I missing something?

Sounds like a good plan assuming you're happy to spend $169 in return for 33k AsiaMiles. Another option to consider is Citibank Select - only 1 AM per $1 spent, but it's a Visa card so wider acceptance / lower surcharges.

As Flashware said, Ascent and Ascent Premium are identical except for the fact that Ascent Premium can transfer to QFF and Ascent can't. If you're only interested in AsiaMiles then Ascent is all you need.

Correct (for the earn rate) - but only for the first $50k/year. With regards to "best point earn rate", I think it's the best for general spending. Edge equals / beats it some of the time, but only for spend at merchants in the quite limited 2 and 3 point per $1 categories.

Sounds like a good plan assuming you're happy to spend $169 in return for 33k AsiaMiles.

just checking so that I can understand :)
If there is a card that gets 1.5 points per dollar..eg altitude platinum rewards 3 points per dollar that converts 2 westpac: 1 asia miles doesn't 50k spend get 75,000 points
So the card in this thread will get 100,000 Asia Miles points for the 50k spend

so isn't the $169 getting 25,000 (extra) points?

Or did you use a different method

As said: I am just trying to understand

regards

Thanks I was looking at getting this. Need to get an accountant now!

The DJ card actually has the best for points redemption IMO as it get 3 points at petrol stations as well as supermarkets which is good for another trick which I won't go into here. If anyone is new to the AMEX program then drop me a PM as I'm happy to give advice, they're also running a promotion that you get more if referred by someone with the card so can be in touch about that too.

The DJ card actually has the best for points redemption IMO as it get 3 points at petrol stations as well as supermarkets which is good for another trick which I won't go into here.

give us a hint :)

just checking so that I can understand :)
If there is a card that gets 1.5 points per dollar..eg altitude platinum rewards 3 points per dollar that converts 2 westpac: 1 asia miles doesn't 50k spend get 75,000 points
So the card in this thread will get 100,000 Asia Miles points for the 50k spend

so isn't the $169 getting 25,000 (extra) points?

My calculation was based on an earn rate of $1 = 1.33 AsiaMiles for the Westpac Altitude Platinum Plus card, as derrick posted. If it's actually $1 = 1.5 AsiaMiles then your calculation would be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back