Altitude points to Qantas- how doies it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fional

Hi there :)- I just joined. Good evening. I am trying to book flights using my Altitude Rewards points. I am unsure how many points they will ac tually charge me. The fare on the Altitude website says 34000 points per flight- will I be charged double that per flight if I go with Qantas? :(Thanks for your help!
Fional

I have no experiences with Westpac in cases like this. Maybe few others here have some and can help.

With Westpac Altitude you book flights directly from the Altitudes web site or by selecting the "Redeem my points" option on the right hand side of the Westpac online banking site once you have signed in

The Altitude web site welcome screen presents a panel labelled "Altitude Travel" on the right hand side. Use this panel to select your travel dates, whether you want domestic or international travel, number of passengers, fare class etc and select search. For domestic travel you'll be presented with a list of flight options from QF, JQ and DJ.

Select the QF flights you want and select "Book Flight". You will now be presented with the fare conditions for each flight, plus a breakdown of the total points required to "pay" for the flights, taxes etc. From here you can then proceed to enter passenger details etc and continue with the purchase, or back out and perform another search or whatever.

My understanding from discussions with Westpac is that the Qantas fares booked in this manner receive SCs and FF points commensurate with the class of travel booked.

Good luck!

Mongo

Hi there :)- I just joined. Good evening. I am trying to book flights using my Altitude Rewards points. I am unsure how many points they will ac tually charge me. The fare on the Altitude website says 34000 points per flight- will I be charged double that per flight if I go with Qantas? :(Thanks for your help!
Fional
When booking through Altitude Travel you pay the points displayed ie 34,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back