Allergic to nuts, bees I can understand

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by simongr, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    But closing a flight to pets?

From the Finnair website:

Has anyone flown with Finnair? Is there regularly dogs and cats taking up seats?

S

2. bigjobs

bigjobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2005
    sounds fair enough to me ... as a through and through cat person i still understand that humans are more important to most people than animals ... what i do know is that most cats and dogs are nicer than other humans and more respectful ...

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Not seen any on board the AY flights I have taken.

4. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Nor me (admittedly on only a couple of AY flights). However I think carrying pets onboard is more common in europe and US than it is in this part of the world.

It is good the airline is taking account of allergies proactively rather than an inadequate solution when someone boards to find there may be a life-threatening situation.

5. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Interesting that they would allow pets to travel in the cabin with the exception of a service dog. Agree it is handy to know beforehand if you have allergy.

It is not allowed in Australia, or at least with QF, unless it is a service dog.

Travelling with Pets