Alaska airlines mileage plan | Page 5 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Alaska airlines mileage plan

downtheback

Intern
How did you go with this? The Alaska site often shows phantom availability, drawn from QF's inventory which is only available to QF members (a good example if the recent 'wide open' SYD-DFW which is available to QFFF members, but was not available to partners).

For accurate availability of what Alaska might be able to book, cross reference with the JAL booking tool. That only shows what's available to partners.
No luck at all. Only can book what shows on BA. AS search is easier, so I cross check with that before bothering to go through the process.

maz1

Wow...I havent checked this thread for around 12 months and just caught up.
I really learned a lot with all the great conversations..such as these miles never expire but buying more doesnt stop the account from becoming inactive..

So..the dilemma.. I'm dealing with very serious family health issues so travel is sadly on hold ..hopefully by next year we may be able to start again.
How do i keep the account active besides buying miles and making a booking?

downtheback

Intern
Wow...I havent checked this thread for around 12 months and just caught up.
I really learned a lot with all the great conversations..such as these miles never expire but buying more doesnt stop the account from becoming inactive..

So..the dilemma.. I'm dealing with very serious family health issues so travel is sadly on hold ..hopefully by next year we may be able to start again.
How do i keep the account active besides buying miles and making a booking?
Probably make a booking for more than 60 days out (like a domestic Y/J) and cancel it. You cop $12.50 partner fee, but probably worth it in the long run.

mlob

im pretty certain that purchase of points kept my account active.

Shikakui

has anyone joined this airline - I was given the opportunity to convert miles from Virgin America and earn a bonus and I can see that it uses less miles to book one world flights.

I'm wondering how easy it is to book with them and would appreciate any advice

thanks in advance
The possiblity to earn and redeem miles on Icelandair is in my opinion an excellent opportunity to see two extraordinary places.
I'm saving miles for a direct Icelandair flight from Reykjavik to Anchorage.

pmdg7444

Does mileage plan permit mixed cabin itineraries from Aus - HK -USA J - F ?

Morgz45

Previously have had no trouble booking J on Cathay.
At the moment only economy available for 21 April 2019.
How can I check cathay J award availability?

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I think the only way is to call Alaska Airlines, as their quota of award seats will be different from the general availability.

I think the only way is to call Alaska Airlines, as their quota of award seats will be different from the general availability.
The BA and QF tools are an ok starting point. Generally look for +1 over what you need (if searching for one seat, look for two showing available, if you need two seats, look for three).

The ‘plus 1’ is not consistent however, and sometimes AS can see the seats even if there’s only one.

The problem with calling AS for seats is that many of their agents have no idea how to find them or look for them, so you could end up with a false negative.

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Fair enough, but even if BA etc shows seats available, but the AS agent can't see them, you are no more in front, are you? :)

andye

Established Member
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Ive done well this month with rocketmiles for hotels-I was being reimbursed so not majorly price-sensitive

Recent Posts

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janicebatty