Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Airshow visits Tulla yesterday - well almost

Status
Not open for further replies.

markis10

Veteran Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
30,449
Points
10
I was sitting in the departures area yesterday around 2.30 when I noticed a dot in the sky trailing a bit of smoke, on closer inspection a few seconds later it revealed itself as a B52 doing a flypast of tulla at low level! Although I did not get to go to the airshow it was nice to at least catch a bit of it courtesy of the USAF!
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,826
Points
840
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
markis10 said:
I was sitting in the departures area yesterday around 2.30 when I noticed a dot in the sky trailing a bit of smoke, on closer inspection a few seconds later it revealed itself as a B52 doing a flypast of tulla at low level! Although I did not get to go to the airshow it was nice to at least catch a bit of it courtesy of the USAF!

You saw as much of the B52 as we did at Avalon :!:
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,366
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
straitman said:
You saw as much of the B52 as we did at Avalon :!:
A great place to see a B52 up close and personal is at the Duxford Imperial War Museum near Cambridge. There is a B52 as the centre-piece of the American Hanger and you can walk around th undercarriage and look up into the bomb bays etc. There is also an F111 and lots of other goodies you can touch and feel.
 
Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,826
Points
840
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
NM said:
A great place to see a B52 up close and personal is at the Duxford Imperial War Museum near Cambridge. There is a B52 as the centre-piece of the American Hanger and you can walk around th undercarriage and look up into the bomb bays etc. There is also an F111 and lots of other goodies you can touch and feel.
Another is a rather unknown museum at Eglin AFB in Nothern Florida. ALL the USAF 'F' series jet fighters, Mig 29, A10, B29, B47, B52, SR71, P51 and many more that I've forgotten about. Certainly worth a look if you are in the area.
 

markis10

Veteran Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
30,449
Points
10
After seeing the B52 in the air last week I will have to check out one on the ground in Darwin in a few weeks time (its a bit closer than some of the US museums)!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,892
Messages
2,116,213
Members
54,138
Latest member
onemorejohndoe007
Top