Airports with multiple terminals

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Kiwi Flyer, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I noticed the other day I have now used most of LAX terminals - just 1, 3 and 5 to go having flown into and/or out of 2, TBIT, 4, 6, 7 and 8.

I think LAX is the airport I've used the most terminals for. Others that I've used 3+ are

LHR - 1, 3 and 4
    JFK - 2, 4 and 8 (or was it 9?)
    SYD - 1, 2 and 3
    AKL - international, NZ domestic, QF/AN domestic

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think 4 diff terminals is my limit, being LAX (2, 4, TBI and 5 I think). Several 3-terminal experiences, including SYD, MEL (well its all under one roof, so maybe does not count), LHR, and DFW.

Of course this is not counting things like the old BNE domestic and international terminals that existed before the current ones were built ;).

3. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Hmm maybe DFW for me too, flights departing from D and A, flights arriving to C and A. And I transitted through B IIRC. But I thought of it as just one big terminal. Once start getting into parts of terminal buildings it gets a bit ridiculous - should FRA count (both terminals plus parts A schengen, A non-schengen, B, C and E) etc?

4. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Well I've used 3 terminals at MEL & BKK (1,2, domestic - but do 1 &2 count as under the same roof?) and 4 terminals at SYD - remember the old "domestic express" terminal that DJ & Hazelton used to use? And does PER domestic count as having 3 terminals, as you have to walk outside to get from the QF end to the DJ end of the domestic terminal?

5. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Maybe 4 as the Qantas link flights dump you outside and feed your baggage out through a seperate area. Thats where the baggage for Tom Price and Paraburdoo come off.:D