Answered - Airport hotel in Jakarta? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered Airport hotel in Jakarta?

Can anyone suggest a place near the airport that has a shuttle please? Taking advantage of the Qatar to Milan special that was promoted by AFF but it does mean an overnight in Jakarta. Thanks.

futaris

AFF Supporter

Scarlett

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I’m right now about 300m further down the road from that other Accor property Futaris mentions: at the Ibis Styles. Half the price and fine for an overnight.
There’s also an Ibis Budget very close to here as well.

Concur about PIK being a nice enough area and new modern mall. The Mercure there is actually attached to the mall. But, it doesn’t have an airport shuttle so you’d need to take a cab to/from.

T
If it's a short transit,

Hotel in JAKARTA - Bandara International Hotel - Managed by AccorHotels

Used to be the Sheraton.

FM7 or Swiss-Belhotel are also fairly close.

The onsite Jakarta Airport Hotel is okay as well, but it is after immigration.

If you want to stay nearby, Pantai Indah Kapuk is close and doable.

Hotel in JAKARTA - Mercure Jakarta Pantai Indah Kapuk

That one is attached to western style mall, PIK Avenue.

Check the CGK thread on Flyertalk
Thats brilliant. Thanks for such a swift reply. Very helpful.

I’m right now about 300m further down the road from that other Accor property Futaris mentions: at the Ibis Styles. Half the price and fine for an overnight.
There’s also an Ibis Budget very close to here as well.

Concur about PIK being a nice enough area and new modern mall. The Mercure there is actually attached to the mall. But, it doesn’t have an airport shuttle so you’d need to take a cab to/from.
Many thanks. We can definitely get sorted with both these helpful replies. Much appreciated.

RoMambai

Catching a cab is easy peasy if you wanted to expand your options. Just head to the bluebird counter after immigration and anywhere in the vicinity of CGK will be under $10. The touts can be a nuisance but just smile and ignore them and they'll leave you alone.

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Catching a cab is easy peasy if you wanted to expand your options. Just head to the bluebird counter after immigration and anywhere in the vicinity of CGK will be under $10. The touts can be a nuisance but just smile and ignore them and they'll leave you alone.
Agree totally with this comment. And sometimes much quicker/easier than waiting for the hotel shuttle to turn up.

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Bumping this thread to see if there are any current suggestions or changes in assessment fora decent to good hotel a short distance from CGK international arrivals.

Austman

AFF Supporter
If it’s just for a transit, the actual airport hotel in T2 (landslide) isn’t bad.

Rooms are quite spacious and of an OK standard. Better IME than most airport transit hotels. They also have 6-hour rates, depending on your stay.

All the terminals are connected by the landslide skytrain.

theblank

Established Member
Bumping this thread to see if there are any current suggestions or changes in assessment fora decent to good hotel a short distance from CGK international arrivals.
i believe they are all fine. Just choose your price.
The taxi area is refined now at arrivals, you just join a queue and the will ask "BlueBird or other" and direct you to the line. there are no touts. there is also a Grab counter.

It will cost next to nothing, maybe $3-5 i guess

jase05

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
i believe they are all fine. Just choose your price.
The taxi area is refined now at arrivals, you just join a queue and the will ask "BlueBird or other" and direct you to the line. there are no touts. there is also a Grab counter.

It will cost next to nothing, maybe $3-5 i guess
The touts are gone but the taxi companies will still try to fleece you by offering “cheap” fixed fares or say they will give you a free upgrade to a nicer car. Be firm with them.
Can highly recommend the Mercure PIK., Only 10-15 minutes away from airport (peak traffic might add another 10-15) and is attached to the PIK mall and has its own entrance to mall.
Plenty of eateries in the mall or across the road and hotel has a good buffet breakfast. Stayed there on Saturday and it was great. Have commented on it on the Accor thread.

Mercure Jakarta Pantai Indah Kapuk........ thanks to this forum, my sister stayed here and was very happy with all aspects.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haylz