Similar experience to mine:@Seat0B I was ARA from you list of aircraft this was my experience
I do not know if it true or not however we were told that in the trainer aircraft the rear seat ejection system can override the front seat and if the rear was pulled both seats go. From what I understand this function was disabled when the ARA was in the back as the RAAF basically did not trust us.
- Caribou and C130 E models - flown in and jumped from these.
- Orion - flown in cannot remember the reason why but I think it was an invitation from CO to CO to take a few officers on a flight.
- Iroquois - flown in and repelled from these, standing on the skids coming into the DZ was the best part.
- Macchi - back seat ride,
- PC-9 - back seat ride, FAC training.
We’re safe until they start stuffing pilots and displaying them alongside their aircraft.Every RAAF aircraft type that I flew or flew in have been in the museum for years now!
I was at RAAF Amberley 23 SQN from May '79, nominally as an OPSO, but used frequently as an ATCO at Amberley Tower because of the fact that I was a tower controller in civilian life.Similar experience to mine:
I loved my time in the service!
- As RAAF Air Movo, loaded and weight and balanced Caribou, C130A and C130E, B707, HS748 and Chinook
- Flew as duty and opsat pax in B707, C130, Caribou, HS748, Orion (droning around for hours and hours - so very boring)
- Water jumped from Caribou, rapelled from Iroquois, tactical exercise insertion from Iroquios and Chinook
- Numerous back seat rides in Iroquois (SAR), Macchi, Winjeel (FAC), CT4, PC-9. It was a great time to be a female officer - so easy to get a back seat ride! Although I distinctly remember a QFI from 2OCU (RAAFWLM - you know who you are Rat!) telling me on about my third or fourth Macchi ride that he was going to keep pulling high G manoeuvres until I remembered to go cold mic EVERY time I puked! Never quite managed to get in a Mirage before they went out of service, more is the pity.
I resemble that remark!RAAF aircraft that I’ve had a ride in….CT4, Macchi, Caribou, UH-1, C-130, 707, Orion, Canberra. Oh, and I mustn’t forget the HS748…
Post automatically merged:
We’re safe until they start stuffing pilots and displaying them alongside their aircraft.