Ahem...please allow me introduce myself..... | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Ahem...please allow me introduce myself.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzo

Hi,

I have just started flying a lot recently for work. To be honest, prior to this I never really thought about Frequent Flyer Programs. Now I am finding that it's something it really pays to know about! So, here I am.

To give an idea - in the last 4 months I have flown SYD-HKG-NRT-KHH-NRT-DOH-JNB-DOH-NRT-HKG-SYD-MEL-SYD-HKG-KHH and am about to go back to Sydney and then a number of planned domestics. I have been flying only One World.

Whilst this looks like A LOT (at least it feels like it!) it's all discount tickets on whatever One World airline was cheapest and suited schedule etc etc. So I am only just verging on Silver with Qantas. Sad, but true.

Well - hope things improve from here!

Thanks!

Mattg

Flights
My Map
Welcome Benzo. Stick around and I'm sure with that amount of flying you'll be able to pick up some tips to make Gold or Platinum in no time. :)

Hvr

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Welcome aboard Benzo. You're amongst friends here, we understand and if you're prepared to listen and learn we may be able to help you achieve status so that the F lounge is your second home.

straitman

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Hi,

I have just started flying a lot recently for work. To be honest, prior to this I never really thought about Frequent Flyer Programs. Now I am finding that it's something it really pays to know about! So, here I am.

To give an idea - in the last 4 months I have flown SYD-HKG-NRT-KHH-NRT-DOH-JNB-DOH-NRT-HKG-SYD-MEL-SYD-HKG-KHH and am about to go back to Sydney and then a number of planned domestics. I have been flying only One World.

Whilst this looks like A LOT (at least it feels like it!) it's all discount tickets on whatever One World airline was cheapest and suited schedule etc etc. So I am only just verging on Silver with Qantas. Sad, but true.

Well - hope things improve from here!

Thanks!
Hi Benzo,

Welcome to AFF.

Benzo

Welcome Benzo. Stick around and I'm sure with that amount of flying you'll be able to pick up some tips to make Gold or Platinum in no time. :)
Yeah - thanks. I figure I need some advice to maximize my earn and so forth. Plus I a sure the general experience of flying can be much improved with some basic tips - probably most FFs take for granted but to which I am clueless....

JohnK

Veteran Member
Welcome to AFF Benzo!

First Silver. Then Gold. And then Platinum....

Benzo

Yeah I really hope so. I am just verging on Silver but my anniversary is on 31 May. So not sure if I can make Gold by then (sigh). We'll see.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayne Maree